I Want Success But Maybe Not In The Way That You Think

Success can be measured in so many different ways. Working towards an amazing career with a lifetime of factual success is wonderful, but that isn't all I want my life to be.
56

What does success mean to you?

Do you think of being successful as having ultimate happiness or is it treasures? Do you feel fulfilled with popularity or do you want to be the best of the best at your career?

It's interesting because the word, "success" is such a wide term that it can be interpreted in several different ways. So many different ways, that people live their lives through success that is different from everyone else. What is right...what is wrong?

As a college student, trying to be involved in absolutely everything, keeping high grades, and applying to internships and networking can all become very foggy. As we are paying for an education and being pushed for greatness towards our future, it can be easy to lose track of the most important things in life.

I want success, but maybe not in the way you think.

No, I am not saying I don't want a kick a$$ job one day and no, I am not saying I am not working towards a financially stable lifetime ahead. But, wouldn't it be nice to take a breather and think about what will make us happy, how to keep our spirits high and what ways we can end this life and feel like we got the most out of it? I feel then I would've lived a successful life.

So what do I want? How am I going to work to be successful?

I am going to live my best life

Sound broad? Of course, it does, but I can explain. Thanks to my wonderful friend Emma Krell, I have embedded into my brain that each and every single day I need to wake up and know that I am going to live my best life possible. What does that entail?

While I do not have that 100 percent figured out, I have started by smiling a little more throughout the day, trying to focus on everyone as equals, learning more about people and taking negative situations and finding a positive twist. In a sometimes negative world, seeking positivity can be one of the best cures. Living by this ora and lifestyle has put a new attitude on my outlook and I feel like I have found success in my happiness by just being more positive and thankful.

I want to surround myself with happy and thankful people

I feel like I will live a successful life if I am surrounded by encouraging people. I personally am a strong woman when I feel love each and every day. I feed off of thankful people who see each day as a blessing.

I want to feel actual happiness each and every day

A goal I have is to feel within my being, actual happiness. I want radiating happiness each and every day. Whether it is a small moment I can cherish, a special person, or an entire day, I want to know that I am living in a place where I can love my life. I want to travel so I can love others' happiness in their cultures, I don't believe this life was meant to stay in one spot.

Success can be measured in so many different ways. Working towards an amazing career with a lifetime of factual success is wonderful, but that isn't all that I want my life to be.