If You Want To Date The "Perfect Girl", Don't Date Me

I have many flaws

49
Stephanie Austin

Has any girl besides myself thought about how exhausting dating can be? Like having to be found by the perfect guy, going on many dates to get to know each other, conquering the infamous awkward first kiss, and having to figure out yet another person. How tiring... why can't we just fast forward to the part where I find 'the one' marry him and then live happily ever after? Well, that would be too easy and life is far from that.

Aside from that, living in this day and time makes dating even harder. This is what I mean by that: I am a girl with morals, goals, and a busy schedule. I don't have time to play petty mind games, I don't have time to let you string me a long while you try and get your life together, and I am definitely not interested in dating for "fun". To add to that, girls in today's time should be toned and a size 2-4, who eat extremely healthy with the occasional splurge in a fat free ice cream. Well let me tell you, cheeseburgers are mighty fine and if I want one, Lord knows I'm gonna eat one! Not saying that eating right and exercising aren't good for you because they are, but we have to be realistic here. I don't have long blonde hair and the year round bronzed skin, that is totally and completely flawless. For those who are lucky enough to have the flawless skin... us other girls hate you (not really, we're just jealous). I in fact have short hair, I am a size none of your business, and yes when my stress levels exceed 110% I get a pimple *gasp*, but that is just life.

So why do I say I am "not the perfect girl" well here is why... I will get mad, cry over a hair being out of place, and complain to you when my day has been the worst. I won't always be happy, but I don't expect the guy I date to always have good days either. I will be honest with him if that means possibly hurting his feelings, because I care enough about our relationship to be open and let him know how I am really feeling. I will demand respect and expect to be treated like a lady with dignity. I want to be lead and kept accountable not only in life but my spiritual life as well, and the list could go on for an eternity.

Some might say that is too much to expect or how on earth can one person possibly be understanding of all of that. Well here is a little 411, if a man really truly loves you like they SAY they do, they will also SHOW you. Some might question how I think all of those things don't make up the "perfect" girlfriend, and what I would simply say to that is, it's because I will mess up and that's okay!

Lastly, enjoy life! Love people, and don't search for the right one. They most likely will show up when you least expect!