For The Wannabe Social Butterflies

For The Wannabe Social Butterflies

24
For The Wannabe Social Butterflies
cdn.playbuzz.com

It’s always a good idea to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. Whether you’re feeling the “let’s be social” vibes or not, it’s always a cool experience surrounding yourself with fun-loving people who can pull off the social butterfly persona effortlessly and help you break out of your shell.

Some of the best words of advice college students need are this: branch out and talk to as many different people as you can. College is the one time in your life when saying a simple hello in the dining hall or striking up a conversation before class starts could give you a best friend you never saw coming. In so many ways, putting yourself out there and opening yourself up to all the possibilities of the world is how you gain confidence, build character, and grow independently. It’s prime time to take advantage of this social atmosphere. When again in your life will you be surrounded by so many people who are all in the same boat looking for new people and new experiences? College is the moment to do just that. If you’re into the idea of the whole social butterfly deal but you’re stuck on how to go about it, take some of these ideas to heart and go with the flow. You’ll be surprised at how good it feels to try something new.

1. Sit down with a random group of people in the dining hall and jump into the conversation.

2. Go out to breakfast with a big group of friends and friends of friends.

3. Join a sorority/fraternity and gain a whole crew of sweet, caring, amazing sisters or brothers.

4. Go to a college sports event, tailgate, deck out in your spirit ware, and cheer like crazy.

5. Try out a yoga class with friends.

6. Talk to the girl you always see in your hallway but have never said hi to before.

7. Go hiking and interact with other people you see on the trails.

8. Have coffee with your old roomie and reminisce in great memories and great people.

9. Ask to share a table with a stranger in the library and study it up so you’re productive AND meeting new people.

10. Jam out to good music at a party because, hey, it’s college and we’re meant to enjoy ourselves here and there.