Wanna Go, Gotta Go GREEK Part 3!

Wanna Go, Gotta Go GREEK Part 3!

11
Wanna Go, Gotta Go GREEK Part 3!

Still unsure whether or not you want to join a sorority? It's still okay! Here is another batch of answers to questions about going Greek from some of KU's finest women.

This time around I have 5 ladies who feel that going Greek has made a huge difference in their lives.

The ladies interviewed are as follows: Claire Christopherson, a sophomore Kappa Kappa Gamma, Mollie Chapin-Patch, a sophomore Alpha Delta Pi, and Margeaux Bergman, a sophomore Kappa Alpha Theta.

Again,the questions asked are in bold and their answers are in quotations, prefaced by their last names. 

1) How has being Greek helped you either professionally, academically, or socially? 

Chapin-Patch: "Going Greek has helped me grow in so many ways. Coming to the University of Kansas, I was worried about coming to a place ten times bigger than my high school and not being able to make new friends. My sister, who was also a part of Greek life at KU, convinced me to go through formal recruitment and see how I liked it. I am so happy she talked me into because I don’t know where I would be without my Alpha Delta Pi sisters. They are always there when I need them; whether it is someone to stay up until 2 AM study with, someone to talk to, or someone to go to the store with. They constantly encourage me to be the best version of myself in every aspect of my life."  

2) When was a time that you really realized you made the right decision going Greek?  

Bergman: "This past semester I had been having a lot of health issues and my family wasn’t able to fly out from California as often. It got to the point where I was hospitalized and it was one of the most frightening moments of my life. When I had gotten to the hospital I had so many friends from the Greek system that were there for me and making sure that I was ok. When my best friend found out that I was in the hospital she jumped out of the shower and came with shampoo still in her hair to see me. That was when I realized that the greek community is so much stronger than they are given credit for. It not only shows that being in a certain house unites you, but that as a strong community, we are able to be there for each other, no matter what house we represent."   

3) What is your favorite part about being Greek?  

Chapin-Patch: "My favorite part about being Greek is the strong friendships that I have made so far. I know that all of my sisters would do anything for me in a second if I needed them. I love having 150 women to hang out with and make memories with."  

Christopherson: "My favorite part of being Greek is just being able to hang out with my sorority sisters. They are some of the greatest people I know and there is something so special about hanging out in our rooms, doing nothing, talking about nothing and making each other laugh."    

4) What is your favorite Greek-related memory so far?   

Bergman: "My favorite memory has to be during the last chapter when the seniors shared some of their favorite memories and words of wisdom. It was so cool to see how strong the bond between their pledge class was and that these women surrounding me and that were in the greek community were going to be my closest friends."   

5) What is a piece of advice you wish someone would've given you before recruitment? 

Christopherson: "Stay open minded!! You never know what is going to happen over the week, and it is so much more enjoyable to not stress and have fun with the experience! You get to meet 12 amazing sororities that all have something incredible to offer to our campus. I know it sounds funny but you are going to end up exactly where you are supposed to be, with or without the anxiety!"

This time Dave Franco wants you to go Greek. Again, how could you say no???