Walmart Fires Long-Term Manager For Unjustified Reasons

Work victimization at its finest

153
Nicole D'Aloisio

On December 26, 2016, Carla Householder, 62, of Sparta, New Jersey was fired from her outrank position as a Customer Service Manager at a Walmart in Franklin, New Jersey. The reasoning? For calling out on Christmas Eve to visit a loved one in hospice, who then passed away the next day. While working at Walmart for a total of 17 years, Carla was disrespected, referred to as "old" and put down on many occasions. This unjust episode of work victimization needs to be brought to everyone's attention. Work discrimination is real, and unfortunately still happening in our society today. Watch the video below to hear Carla's story. Shame on you, Walmart.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the interviewee and do not represent those of the blog owner and Odyssey. The blog owner and Odyssey will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information.