Walk In Your Own Anointing

Walk In Your Own Anointing

You have a specific calling that is customized just for you, so don't try to fit into someone else's gifting or calling.

3017
Walk In Your Own Anointing
Your Word for This Day

You are anointed. One of the definitions for anointed is nominated or chosen as successor or leading candidate for a position. Put simply, you were chosen by God for something very unique. Your anointing is different from anyone else, because no one can lead in that specific area quite like you can. Why then do we sometimes yearn for the gifts and callings of other people when we can't lead like they can? They might have success in an area, but maybe that is because God has anointed and appointed them for that particular area. On the upside, God has called you to do great things as well, but He never called you to be a copycat or to try and fit into the mold of other peoples success and anointing. Your calling is different, so don't compare.

My pastor at church on Sunday brought up the story of David and Goliath and how David chose not to wear Saul's armor to fight Goliath. David knew that Saul's armor wouldn't be a right fit for him and that he would be better off fighting how he knew to fight.

"David put it on, strapped the sword over it, and took a step or two to see what it was like, for he had never worn such things before. "I can't go in these," he protested to Saul. "I'm not used to them." So David took them off again." - 1 Samuel 17:39

David trusted God which made him victorious. If David would have put Saul's armor on he may not have won that battle. But, he did win with only a sling and a stone. I'm sure that some people watching joked and mocked David for facing a 9 foot giant with a puny rock. But, that's what God had equipped him with for battle, so that is what he used. I wish I could have seen their faces when that giant came tumbling down, defeated by some small unlikely Shepard boy. It is sometimes in the unlikely people and circumstances that God receives most glory. This was not just another victory; this was a sign to all that the God of David is alive and more powerful than any giant or army. He used an unlikely boy and an unlikely weapon to prove that it was only by His power that the battle was won. David makes this clear in his battle cry.

"David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!” - 1 Samuel 17:45-47

God received the glory because of Davids obedience of walking in his own anointing.

Don't pick up other peoples armor and try to wear it to battle. It will not work for you like it does for them. Why? Because it is made specifically for their body, and not yours. Your anointing and your gifts were made specifically for you in a way that is most glorifying to God. Don't dis-honor God by coveting others gifts and calling, but glorify Him by stepping into yours boldly. Don't waste your time running after gifts and callings that you don't naturally burn for or have. Wouldn't you hate to stand before the Lord one day and hear Him say that your gifts and efforts didn't glorify Him because you acquired them in your own strength and ignored the ones He had already placed in you? What does your heart burn for? Go after that with all that you have and if it was God given, then God will back you up just like He did for David. "But, no one else is doing or has done what I want to do..." Do it anyways. If it is from God you will not go in your own strength. Walking in your anointing and the will of God for your life will cause you to be victorious in every battle and you will bring so much glory and honor to your creator God. Don't neglect what has been put inside of you, but seek after it and let the Lord strengthen your gifts each day as you walk in His fullness.