This is What Your Waitress Is Really Thinking When You Say These 8 Things

Refrain from rolling your eyes. Refrain from rolling your eyes.

1641

With the motto "the customer is always right" circulating the service industry, waitressing can be a frustrating job. Dealing with the public can be interesting to say the least. Often customers don't even realize how truly annoying some of their comments are because the waitresses maintain their composure through it all. However, here is what your waitress is actually thinking when you say these 8 annoying things.

1. “Be sure you don’t overcook the food. The past few times I’ve been here the food has been overcooked.”

In your head: First off, I won't be the one making your food. Second, if you haven't liked your food the past few times you were here then why are you back?
In reality: Through clenched teeth, you must smile and reassure them you will pass along the message.

2. “Did you guys raise your prices, or is this food made of gold?”

In your head: I don't make the prices, I just charge them.
In reality: You fake laugh, and just agree that it is pricy but reassure them it is because of the quality.

3. “Is everything in here?”

In your head: I don't know I didn't bag your order. I am out here waiting on you, not in the back on food prep.
In reality: I personally, did not put together your order, but to the best of my knowledge it is all there.

4. “I want this as fast as possible.”

In your head: I can't make anything cook faster. Not because I don't want to, but because I am not a superhero. Do you want it raw?
In reality: Okay, I'll let them know this is a priority.

5. “Buy yourself something nice (with their super small tip).”

In your head: Wow, this 50 cents is so generous once I split it with the other people I might get a whole 25 cents.
In reality: Thank you! Enjoy your night!

6. “I want a sandwich with everything on it.” *Finishes order* “Plus no tomato on that one sandwich...”

In your head: Then you do not want everything on that sandwich like I asked???
In reality: Oh, okay.

7. “What do you recommend?”

In your head: What makes you think our taste buds are similar? I only like chicken nuggets, and since you're 40 I highly doubt that is what you are going to order. Plus, you aren't going to order anything I recommend.
In reality: Well this a pretty popular item that people get. Would you like to try it? No, okay.

8. “I don’t feel comfortable giving you my card.”

In your head: I get it. Identity theft is a thing, but if I was going to steal your card information would I really be working here to do it? Also, just pay cash if you don't want me to take your card.
In reality: The only way I can process your payment with a card is if I take it. I assure you I will bring it right back.