Don't Settle For A Fling When You Deserve The Real Thing

They key to not settling.

150
Kaboompics

How many of you feel like you are playing the waiting game when it comes to relationships? Okay, now how many of you feel like you’ve been playing the waiting game your whole life when it comes to relationships? How many of you are tired of relationships never working out? Do I have anyone who is ready to give up on relationships because they have only resulted in pain and confusion? Is there anyone out there who is ready to be whole-heartedly pursued?

Temporary gratification, or lack thereof, is way too common when it comes to relationships today. Texting someone for weeks for them to suddenly stop talking to you. Being physical with someone just because you “like” each other but one, or both, not wanting to commit. Trading one person out for another because you’re more interested in a “fling” rather than the “real thing.” But will these situations actually bring us lasting fulfillment and happiness?

It’s so easy to settle when we’re young. We think we know what we want, but usually what we think we want isn’t what we REALLY want. We settle for that person that we “think” wants us. In most cases, we settle to wait for the person that will never actually want us. We settle for someone that makes us feel good, but that doesn’t actually give us the lasting fulfillment that we want and deserve.

To be completely honest, I’m over all of the “temporary” stuff. I can’t wait to be fully pursued by someone. My prayer for you is that you will have that outlook as well. Don’t settle for something small now when God has something even bigger in store for you later. Please don’t settle and give yourself away to someone that may seem like the one now, but who you know isn’t the kind of person that you REALLY want to commit your life too. One day someone will see you and want every bit of you. I don’t know about you, but that excites me. I can’t wait for someone to look at me and say “I want her.” Someone who will love all of the quirky, awkward parts about me. Someone who will choose me over and over again. Someone who will remind me of my worth instead of make me question it. Someone who will join in with me on a full sprint towards the heart of Jesus. I don’t want to let myself settle. When that person comes I want to be ready for them and to be able to say that I have saved every bit of who I am for them.

I know it may seem so cheesy, but it is all so true. I want to encourage you to run this race with me. To join with me in agreement that we won’t settle and we won’t give up because we know that the Lord has a relationship planned for us that is far more beautiful than what we could ever imagine. Relationships aren’t supposed to be fairytales. They are meant to be something so very special and real. I promise it will come for you. But before you can love someone else, you have to be able to love yourself. So treat yourself with respect and know that you are so very special. No one compares to you. Find who you are in the King of the universe and let him reveal to you His perfect plan for your life!