Waiting For A Moment

Waiting For A Moment

I have no idea why I even signed up for this. Is the money worth it?

85
Waiting For A Moment

I have no idea why I even signed up for this. Is the money worth it? To be trapped here on this cold godforsaken planet without any of the proper resources needed? Most would say no, but the money was good, enough that I could retire and never have to worry about a thing. The young woman thought as she tightened the fur-lined coat tighter around her body. She had pilfered it in a market two planets back, and now she wished she had the forethought to gather more cold weather gear.She had nothing to cover her face, but she wished she had. She could feel the bite of the wind as it chapped her skin.

She had convinced herself and the others that she was hunting down this convict for nothing more than the paycheck. She was lying to them all. The only person more dangerous than she was, was the man they were hunting. He was the most feared convict in the entire universe, and no slam had been able to hold him. Oh yes, she understood just who she was going after, but that didn't matter. They'd made a promise to each other that if they were ever to get separated, they would come looking for the other. Even if it meant that she had to travel halfway across the galaxy.

She had tracked his trail down here to this cold planet, but he was long gone. Oh, she had an idea where he was, and she knew they were coming for her. She just had to bide her time. That was easier said than done considering she was stuck here. The ship she had been on crashed, and she was the only one that managed to survive. Of course it the damned pilot had listened to her they wouldn't’ have hit the outcropping that jutted out at them. She was a woman though, and most mercs that were men didn't pay her any mind. They couldn't possibly believe that she knew what she was talking about.

So instead she just wandered back to her cave, hoping to find someone that would find her. In the back of her mind, she had a nagging feeling that he was on his way and it would only be a matter of time. She needed to hold out, to keep herself calm as she waited. Inside her cave, it was warmer, and there was food if you knew where to find it. For some strange reason, the ice that surrounded this planet could be warm enough if you buried yourself deep enough. Time was the only factor. Could she hold out long enough for his return?

For so long she had been the hunted, but now she was the hunter, the predator, the alpha. Only, she was so far out of her league that it was clear the man she was searching for would be nothing if not her final stand. He was not the type of person that a normal bounty hunter went for. Then again, she had a connection to him that none of the others had. Would he find her?