Wait For The Guy Who...

Wait For The Guy Who...

God's got the perfect guy waiting for you, don't settle for the wrong guy because you are tired of waiting.

12046
Wait For The Guy Who...
http://iamsimplybeloved.tumblr.com/post/140490211059/christian-girlsblog-goals

Well, it is the season of engagements and weddings it seems. I scroll through my social media and see a lot about people who are getting engaged, married and starting lives together. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond happy for all of those people, but at the same time, I can't help but feel a slight pang of jealousy knowing they have their lives more figured out than myself. I'm here to tell you, God has got the perfect person out there waiting for you, so please don't settle for the first guy you see. Wait for the guy who...

1. Makes you laugh.

I have learned that laughter is the best medicine, and can fix a lot of things. Wait for the guy who will try every lame joke he knows on you, just to see you crack a smile. The guy who will do stupid dances in the kitchen because he knows that you have had a rough day, and wants to see a smile spread across your lips.

2. Motivates you.

Motivation is key, especially in a relationship. Wait for the guy who continues to push you to be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. Wait for the guy who wants you to succeed, just as much as he wants himself to. The one who wants to see the two of you take on life and succeed together.

3. Respects you.

Respect is key when it comes to forming a relationship with anyone. So don’t settle for someone who doesn’t respect you. Wait for the one who respects you, and all that you are.

4. Understands all the messiness of who you are.

Don’t settle for someone who doesn’t take the time to learn the deep things about who you are. Wait for the one who takes the time to learn all the little things. Wait for the one who learns the things that trigger you, and why. Wait for the one who understands that you aren’t always going to “be OK,” but that you will have days when it feels like the sun won’t ever shine again, and that the rain won’t ever end. Find someone who is willing to stick around through all the bad times, and continue to love and support you no matter what happens. Wait for the one who wants to know all about the good in your life, but doesn’t neglect to learn about the bad as well.

5. Looks at you like you put all the stars in the sky.

Wait for the guy who can give you one look so full of love that your stomach gets butterflies all over again, and you can’t put into words how lucky you are to have him.

6. Prays for you, and with you.

Prayer is an important part of a relationship, and if you can pray with your partner you both are building a solid relationship with each other, and with God.

7. Wait for the guy who pursues Christ, and then you.

At least for me, God is a major part of my life. So wait for the guy who puts God first, and then you. For a Christ-centered relationship is a relationship that is bound to work out because you are both living lives centered in the very one who created everything, and loves you both with such fierce passion. When anger and fights arise, you both turn to the same person for comfort, which in my opinion, will ultimately bring you closer to each other.

8. Isn’t afraid to show you off.

If a guy truly loves you, he won’t care who knows. He’ll want to tell the whole world that you are his. He won’t be scared of what other people think. His love for you will over power anything anyone else has to say.

9. Continues to pursue you, even after you are his.

A guy who continues to try and pursue you, is a guy who loves you. Wait for this guy, the guy who even after you’re “his” he still tries to impress you, and show you just how much you mean to him. Even if it’s just little things like making you coffee in the morning, or a bowl of ice cream at night. Wait for the guy who doesn’t let the love die.

10. Puts in effort and doesn’t take you for granted.

Wait for the one who knows just how special you are, and doesn’t take that for granted. Wait for the one who loves you for all the little things you don’t think are good; for the way you think you laugh a little to loud, or the way you hate that your hair never lays just right. Wait for the one who will put in the effort to keep your relationship alive, and who never lets you forget how special you are to him.

With those being said, remember to also be that girl for a guy as well. A relationship isn’t a one-way street. It works both ways. As I always say, “it takes two to tango,” and it certainly does. While you are waiting for a guy who meets all those requirements, there is a guy waiting for a girl who is the same. So, don’t forget that effort needs to be put in on both sides, not just one. And please, girls and guys, don’t settle for less than you deserve because you feel as if it will never happen, because it will, trust me.