VSCO Is Above All Other Social Media Because It Shows The Beauty In Simplicity

If Odyssey is my way of telling you what I care about, VSCO is my way of showing it.

335
Flickr

I love Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter, but above all, VSCO rocks my world. I always get excited when I follow someone new on Instagram and see that they have a VSCO link in their profile. Because to me, VSCO is like a glimpse into someone's soul.

Rather than posting just the most picture-perfect images like Instagram, people post the most meaningful images. Whether it's a text that made their day, their new tattoo, or the book they're currently reading, it provides a unique way to get to know someone better.

VSCO is a creative outlet for individuals because unlike Instagram, you post what you want without attention to “likes.” While it’s nice to use Instagram for the “buzz” of getting likes and compliments, using a platform that won’t generate a lot of feedback from others is just as important.

If you want to post things on your VSCO that are meaningful, it should be enough that you feel good about what you put out there. If someone is touched enough by what you posted to compliment you on it, it’s a bonus.

VSCO is perfect for a free spirit because you aren’t obligated to spread your pictures out or post them at any certain time.

You can go a while without feeling the inspiration to post something, but then decide to post 10 pictures in a row because you were feeling it. In that way, it feels more authentic than other forms of social media.

VSCO celebrates simplicity. It celebrates a cup of black coffee in the morning, a candle burning next to the bathtub, and freckles in the summertime.

Not every day has to be a party or looking perfect for formal, as depicted on Instagram. While parties can be fun, never taking the time to check in with yourself outside of all the social events you post on Instagram can make you lose sight of what’s really on your mind.

I love scrolling on VSCO and seeing a seemingly simple thing, like a book of poetry. Seeing said poetry book will remind me that I love poetry. Also, if I were to strike up a conversation with that person, poetry would be something to talk about! It’s always a good way to remember things you need to buy for yourself if you see them on other people’s feeds.

I am happy that a creative platform like VSCO exists and I'm excited to see how it changes going forward. VSCO, thank you for showing me the beauty in simplicity.