8 Reasons Why Voting Is Worth It

8 Reasons My Vote Was Worth It, And Yours Is, Too

Watching my dad vote has always been exciting, but now it's my turn!

29

Since I was young, my dad constantly had the news on. When my dad came downstairs any cartoon we were watching, was instantaneously switched to news. At the time it felt like the end of the world, but because of this, it opened my eyes to the world of politics without me even knowing it. The interest of politics was sublimely was implicated in me, and since then it has made me even more politically aware.

1. My voice is heard!

I have always heard this phrase, but didn't realize until recently the severity of it. It made me beyond excited to exercise my freedom of speech!

2. Voting booths

I was not sure what I was expecting when I voted, but signing in at voting and getting my ballot, instantly made me feel grown up. I could elect people I agreed with socially and politically into an office with power.

3. It's been something I have been looking forward too. 

My dad was always very politically active, and that made me even more excited when I was younger. This excited me, and made filling out my ballot even more worth it.

4. Watching the news now had a purpose. 

Not that the news had no purpose before, but it became easy to educate myself by watching news channels. I wanted to watch to become aware of who I was voting for, instead of aimlessly just voting.

5. Getting in touch with the community

Being new to a college campus and town is scary, but being able to get to know my county representatives helped me feel like I knew them better.

6. Making a change

The past two years have been chaotic, to say the least, and a change was needed. With democrats in the house now, a change is sure to follow suit.

7. Coming together

Whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, or anything else, this is a time where all citizens can come together. All of us expressing our civic duty, no matter the differences, is something to be prideful in.

8. The sticker!!

Getting to wear this sticker with pride knowing I voted, was worth the line I waited in.