Volunteering: 7 Reasons Why You Should

Volunteering: 7 Reasons Why You Should

You should volunteer for multiple reasons, not simply because it would look good on your resume.

1653
Volunteering: 7 Reasons Why You Should
Static

When you're trying to think of something that is both a good resume booster and helps you feel like you're apart of something bigger, the first thing most people think of is volunteering. Not only does it make others feel good about themselves, they're doing work that improves and strengthens the neighborhood and community bond. Working in your community, you find there are many different activities to engage in that can help so many people in need.

1.Becoming more involved in your community.

Involvement in your community is great because you can truthfully say that you helped it get to its thriving point, and you did all that you could to make sure that your neighborhood is the best.

2. Looks good on a resume.

Hey, it's alright to admit that you're simply volunteering because you want your resume to look good... that's fine too. There's nothing wrong with wanting a resume booster because who knows, at the end of it, you realize that you loved the process and how it made you feel.

3. Meet new people.

Volunteering? More like, being able to socialize with people who share the same values and goals as you. There's nothing better than that. As long as you're putting in the work while having fun, you're making the community better one step at a time.

4. Get real-world experience.

Jobs love seeing that you have actual experience when it comes to dealing with the real world. Dealt with people? Check. Able to work in a group environment? Double check. If you're volunteering at a place that specifically deals with the line of work you want to do in the future, hands-on experiences looks great and can almost guarantee a spot.

5. Makes a difference.

Morally, you can't help but feel great. You did something great for yourself, and in the meantime, you're helping people who truly need it.

6. Creates connections.

Working for the people, with the people is the best way to invest your time when you're volunteering. You make connections with unsuspecting people, and it can fuel how eager you are to find the right career choice if you haven't made one already.

6. It can inspire you.

Whenever you're volunteering, there tends to be a lot of inspirational talk. You help the people, you help the world, and you help yourself and there's nothing better. You speak to people who've been through hard times and it motivates you to work harder, and be smarter.

7. It's fun.

Sometimes it's extremely fun and you can't wait to do it again... I can't blame you. Volunteering takes up time and effort, and it's something that's very respected because we all take it seriously, but that doesn't stop it from being enjoyable.

Volunteer as much as you can. The younger the better, because the earlier you start, the more you can add to your resume, and having a lot of experience is a beautiful thing on a resume.