Vlogging on the Disney College Program

Vlogging on the Disney College Program

Can't decide if you want to vlog on your Disney College Program? Here's why I recommend it and some advice!

346
Vlogging on the Disney College Program
Missy Hargrove

The Disney College Program is one of the most exciting things to happen in my life. And the memories I make on the program are ones I hold dear to my heart. On this program, you learn a lot about the company and as well as yourself, and sometimes it changes you (for the better). Before I arrived for my first program, I started watching vlogs from current CPs (term for college program participants.) I mostly watched Sarah Bellin’s vlogs, (if you haven’t, check out her vlogs! ) I love her vlogs. And it was then of course I decided that I was going to vlog my program. What started out as just doing what your typical CP does turned into confidence, fun, inspiring, and capturing memories of a lifetime so I can go back and watch whenever I need to.

My first program, I started to vlog but didn’t vlog that well. I only had maybe and vlogs. I gave up in the program and now I just re-watch my three vlogs and my former roommate Alecia’s vlogs, and some of my former roommate Katherine’s vlogs. (AleciaTakesDisney and KatherineDoesDCP). I wish I had vlogged more, but I don’t dwell on that.

Now on my second program, I have been more consistent on my vlogs and better at it but I’m still slacking. It is now April, and my last vlog posted was in February. OOPS. Here’s the thing, on the DCP it is really hard to keep up with vlogging and editing as well. I have a lot of vlogs that just need to be edited and posted. But I have been working so much that I am tired and don’t want to do it. Or caught up in the moment of the program where I blow it off and run to a park or go to Taco Bell at 1 am before work the next morning. Life happens. I forget. This is what I am working on. But I will get to my vlogs when I can, I’m in no rush.

Here’s my advice to any vloggers or future vloggers for the Disney College Program, don’t worry if you get behind. Try to vlog everything. But if you miss something, don’t dwell on it! Try to vlog as much as you can, but do not live through your vlog. Sometimes you have to put the camera down and enjoy the program. I love being able to go back and watch my vlogs and remember but I also like going to the parks and just enjoying it. Vlogging is supposed to be fun, but can become stressful if you begin to live through the vlog and put pressure on yourself with posting your vlogs. I will continue to vlog, and I highly recommend it to DCP participants. You’ll love going back and watching them when your program is over. You will also begin to see how much you have changed. My first vlog, I didn’t know what to say. I was always picky on what I said. How I said it. What I did. Now I sound more confident, I go with the flow. And I let loose and have fun. Vlogging has helped my self-esteem and honestly my speech in general.

Vlog your program and have fun. Don’t stress if you miss something. If you forget to vlog, or if you feel behind on your vlogs. Relax, get to the vlogging when you feel like it. You can take a day off or two of vlogging. Post the next vlog when you can, but don’t stress yourself out. Have fun. Make memories. Enjoy your Disney College Program.