This $20 Vitamin C Serum Cured My Acne, Scars, And Big Pores

This Vitamin C Serum Cured My Acne, Scars, And Clogged Pores In 4 Months — And It's $20 At Target

It's frustrating to experiment and try different products. But, this serum is worth the experiment.

489
Acure products

- In the last 7 years, acne has taken over my skin.

- Even on the "good days" with minimal breakout spots, I still had intense scarring and clogged pores with blackheads.

- I use many different products (all topicals...no pills or medicine!) but I truly think this vitamin C Ferulic Acid Oil-Free Serum by Acure has saved my skin and made the biggest impact.

I remember going to the mall with a few friends in seventh grade and putting "on-the-spot" cream on for the first time right before running out to the iconic minivan picking me up in the driveway.

I have no idea why I remember that moment but since that cold, winter day in 2013, I have had to give so much attention to my face.

Acne is so common and so many people have to go on medication and use special creams to help their faces.

I was just mad that I was now one of those.

Even on the "good days" with minimal breakout spots, I still had intense scarring and clogged pores with blackheads. I finally had enough and started to see a dermatologist last summer.

Why did it take me until I was 19 to talk to a doctor about it? Besides the point, within the last four months, my skin has been the clearest (and brightest) it has been ever since that day I was leaving for the mall in 2013.

I use many different products (all topicals...no pills or medicine!) but I truly think this vitamin C Ferulic Acid Oil-Free Serum by Acure has saved my skin and made the biggest impact.

Plus, Acure's creams, masks, serums, and other gels are 100 percent vegan, and animal cruelty-free!

And they won't break the bank! Healthier skin, vegan, cruelty-free and under $20? Win-win-win-win.

Vitamin C Serum Amanda Brennan

How I Use It

I incorporate it into my daily face routine at night. First, I wash my face using a cleanser I have used for years. Then, I put on one of my topical creams from my dermatologist.

After that, I use a small amount (about the size of an M&M) of vitamin C serum. I put a little extra on in spots where I have more scarring and occasional breakouts. Finish up with a moisturizer! (ALWAYS moisturize! It's so important to keep your skin hydrated. That has helped my skin, too. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 in the morning and CeraVe PM moisturizer at night before bed)

What it looks like Use this much to cover your face!Amanda Brennan

The Vitamin C Ferulic Acid Oil-Free Serum isn't an "oil" like some products, it is a white cream that gently and lightly goes on to your skin. It's lightweight and does not feel heavy like some products. My skin feels refreshed, clean, and healthy after using it. You don't have to have acne-prone skin to use it.

Even if your skin is already pretty clear, this serum helps clear up dark spots, unevenness and improves the overall quality of your skin.

Since I started using it in March, I have not only noticed less scarring, but I have also noticed brighter skin with fewer breakouts. Like anything, it takes time to see results, so don't give up after only a couple of weeks.

After about four weeks, maybe a little sooner, your skin will start to react to the new product. (This is true for anything new that you put on your skin).

It works Results will come slowly but surely!! Amanda

I know you're probably thinking something along the lines of "everyone swears by so many products but nothing is working," and trust me, I KNOW. It's frustrating to experiment and try different products.

But, this serum is worth the experiment.

It just takes time to test products and get to know your face.

I started using this serum after a friend recommended vitamin E products to me and I asked my dermatologist more questions. After talking to my doctor, she suggested vitamin C would be more beneficial and effective for me rather than vitamin E like my friend uses.

Everyone's skin is different. Even though my friend swears by vitamin E and I swear by vitamin C, we have found similar results and diminishing acne.

Healthline.com provides more helpful information regarding vitamin C and the benefits of adding it to your routine.

Buy the Acure Brightening Vitamin C & Ferulic Acid Oil Free Serum from Target for $20.