Inside Scoop: VIP Coachella 2017 Weekend 1

Famed desert celebrity soiree celebrates 18 years with another round of fabulous and unique performances, food, and art.

235
Amanda West Facebook

Hey, Partiers,

Amanda Rome West here reporting back on VIP Coachella 2017 Weekend 1- let me just say, it. was. EPIC. Nothing short of epic. There are no words to accurately describe how incredible it is to be at Empire Polo each year, taking in all of the beautiful art, people, music, food, cultural attractions, and ridiculously gorgeous scenery. This is my third year in attendance, and I can attest to the fact that Weekend 1 is the best out of the two opportunities to attend the festival.

First of all, if you attend the first weekend (weekend being Fri, Sat, Sun), then you get to experience all of the dazzling surprises, wonderful performances, beautiful art, delicious food, and outstanding people/celebrity watching FIRST. Second, you also don't get #fomo because you are out there seeing everything unfold right in front of your eyes, instead of sitting back home on your computer wishing you were there. 🌵 And, finally, third, you don't know what's coming- the festival does not release its art, lineup times, or maps until a day or so before the first weekend. So, going weekend 2 could be a let down because you wouldn't be as excited about the new art exhibits!

That being said, I can say that I truly had the BEST time at Coachella 2017! My mother and best friend traveled all the way from the east coast to indio for this... So sweet! Also, my best friend in LA drove down to join us! I loved being in the artist/guest pit for amazing acts like Kendrick, Lorde, and more, and adored the music, food, art, and cultural attractions as always! thank you to everyone who made this time around extra special. Can't believe it went by so fast! three times the charm.

I even spotted and met (and got some photos with) Drama, Shay Mitchell, Cole Sprouse, Louis Tomlinson, Rihanna, Todd Kraines, Vanessa Hudgens, and more.

I saw artists including: Tennis, the XX, Empire of the sun, Dillon Francis, Kaleo, the Atomics, TDCC, drake, migos, future, Bon Iver, Lady Gaga, Lil Uzi Vert, Cardi, Kaytranada, porter & madeon their last collab ever, Lorde, and, finally, Kendrick- who brought out ScHoolboy Q, Future, Travis $cott. 😋

The art was simply epic.

And the food. Oh the food. Had Waffle pops from Sweet Combforts, raclette from Paper Planes, vegan tacos from Taqueria La Venganza, poutine chicken tika masala Badmaash, kale salad from wolf, I<3spicypie , Pioneer Eats Coachella bowl, and a fab four course meal at Playa Provisions

One critique, though. Coachella really could've stepped up its art game. I mean, come on, BIG, BOXY RAINBOW RHINOS WEARING PARTY HATS?! In comparison to previous years' caterpillars transforming into butterflies, polar bears, moon men, and more, this year's lego-like animals and childish treehouse seems like a major shortcoming.

Also, the festival used to have AC/DC, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N Roses, and the like. Radiohead just doesn't measure up- plus, their set kept having technical difficulties, so I wasn't too impressed. Gaga and Kendrick, the other two headliners, however, slayed it.

On our way back on Monday, we visited the famed "Mirage," a mirrored house hidden in the Palm Springs Desert for an exhibition called Desert X, which ends at the end of April. It was such a surreal experience to hike up the rocks and desert to arrive at this unique & beautiful home in the middle of nowhere and look out onto the beautiful windmills and desert life. What a perfect way to end a perfect weekend. It was definitely worth missing all the school and making up all the work!

I had an unforgettably dope time at Coachella this year, and I hope you all enjoy a video of the highlights that I created- I had 2 hours and 4 minutes of footage, but I distilled it down to about 3 minutes and 30 seconds for viewership's sake. Can't wait to go back next year and kill it again! I've had my dose of crazy music, fashion, and fun! 😁

XO,

ARW

Follow me on social to keep up with my amazing adventures throughout Los Angeles, the desert, and the world.

Odyssey: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/@westxphoto

Personal Insta: https://www.Instagram.com/amandaromewest

Profesh Insta: https://www.Instagram.com/westxphoto

https://www.twitter.com/WEST_notkanye

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westxphoto

Twitter: https://www.pinterest.com/amandaromewest/

Snapchat: @amanda_please6

VSCO: http://vsco.co/thewestcoast/images/1

Tumblr: https://www.sooo-westcoast.tumblr.com

Spotify: @arwxo

Carbon38.com .... Use my code "AMANDAWES50" to get 😱 20% 😍 off your first order of elite athletic apparel sampled in my wardrobe!