What To Do When You're Feeling Anxious

11 Bible Verses To Help When The Anxiety Is About To Get The Best Of You

For times when things get tough

259

College can be a mixture of excitement, fun, definitely stressful, and full of anxiety. I know there are times when I am stressed and I feel like there is nothing I can do. Stress can be this giant weight that just wears you down no matter how hard you tried to get rid of it. These are a few bible verses that help me whenever I feel stressed or I am filled with anxiety.

Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Whenever we have fear, just know that God is with you. Through him He will give you strength. He will be there to lift us in in our times of fear and your anxiety.

Psalms 56:3

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

I feel like this one is pretty self-explanatory. Whenever you feel afraid or are dealing with something that you are not quite sure will work out, then just give it over to God. It will definitely help. It can help take off that weight that you are dealing with.

Philippians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

Whenever you feel anxious about something then give it over to God. A way to give it over to God is through prayer. There is power in the persistence of prayer.

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you."

You cannot find peace in worldly things, but you find peace in God.

Psalms 94:19

"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."

The world is very good at making people stressed and worried. In this verse, the "cares of my heart are many" is talking about the different worries that people have, but in God, we can still find joy in the midst of all those worries.

Proverbs 12:25

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad."

This verse goes to show that words can drastically effect a person's attitude and mood. Even when a person is going through something, kind words can make them feel better. If you read the Bible, I can guarantee that it will help you through anything. It is amazing what the Word can do.

Psalms 23:4

upload.wikimedia.org

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

This verse is an excellent reminder that through horrid things, God will be there to watch over you and protect you. There is nothing we cannot do if we have God there with us. We just have to remember that He will never leave us or forsake us.

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

The fact that God is with you seems to be a running theme in these verses. You would think that we would not forget it so easily since God has made it so clear. In God, we can be strong and courageous. We have nothing to worry about.

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

There are definitely things throughout the day that we can all worry about. It could be a test, a project due at work, or even friendship or relationship problems. However, worrying about it is not going to help. There is also no point in worrying about the next day because we will have no control over it. We do not know what the next day will bring so why worry about it? That is what this verse is trying to say.

Mark 5:36

"But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, 'Do not fear, only believe.'"

As long as we believe in Jesus then we have no reason to fear. All it takes is for us to believe that He can help us through anything.

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."

I referenced this verse earlier. It was sort of unintentional, but there is so much truth and power behind it. This verse relates to what it is saying in Joshua 1:9 (verse previously mentioned). That verse asks "Have I not commanded you?" This verse is telling us that we need to be strong.