There's No Excuse To Not Vaccinate Your Kids

For The Love Of God, Please Vaccinate Your Kids

I thought polio was eradicated? Guess not.

64
https://flic.kr/p/6iGrcv

You're sitting in the doctor's office with one or both of your parents and the nurse comes in with a tray of syringes, preparing the vaccines you are about to receive. Rubella, Measles, Mumps, MMR, HPV, anything and everything under the sun you probably will have a vaccine for to prevent you from coming in contact with someone who might be infected with a viral infection or disease such as the ones listed. Your mom stops the nurse as she's cleaning your arm for the first shot. You get confused and look over at your mom who is furious, "I won't let you put those into my kid! Those are dangerous and not going to do anything but make them sicker!"

More often than not, you're going to come in contact with someone who is labeled as an "anti-vaxxer," or simply, someone who doesn't vaccinate themselves or their families. People are often familiar with others not getting vaccinated for the simple mythical reason of "my child will get autism if I vaccinate them," which is completely false. Nothing in regards to a vaccine that could potentially save your life or the person receiving the vaccine will make you mentally impaired. There is a multitude of scientific evidence backing up the conclusion that receiving vaccines will not cause autism. The study that was initially done saying that autism could be a result of receiving vaccines was proven to be false and the researcher was stripped of all his titles if that tells you anything.

Now of course, there are the people who believe that vaccines are the deathly killer of everyone, more often than not, it's those who usually live an all natural lifestyle and don't use anything that is processed or developed in things such as a factory, but they use products that often are grown in the earth. From what I've seen? It's those who believe that essential oils are the end all, be all result of curing anything. Not that I'm bashing those who don't vaccinate their kids or believe in that natural lifestyle, I just fear that one day people will believe that this anti-vax movement will turn into something more bigger and diseases and viruses we thought were eradicated will soon pop up again and I don't want my kids growing up in the generation where they have to experience smallpox and polio.

According to the World Health Organization, "If you choose not to vaccinate your kids, understand the risks and responsibilities." With not vaccinating yourself or your kids, there comes a lot of risk factors that'll potentially become life-threatening. Not only are you posing a risk for yourself, but you're posing a risk for others around you that might possibly not be vaccinated as well and could have possibilities of contracting the virus you are carrying.

In 2018 alone, we saw forms of the measles from an outbreak and even strains of polio. Yup, I said polio, you know, the disease that FDR had? Yeah, thanks to people not vaccinating themselves or their children, we are starting to see diseases and viruses we thought were gone forever come back into the light. So it is advised to vaccinate your children, because if in the event where they are needing to get to the doctor or get an ambulance, parents will need to remind the medics that their child is not vaccinated as they are at risk of harming those around them. Most vaccinations are covered by your health insurance, so saying the excuse of 'they're so expensive' doesn't cut it. Thanks to health insurance, you are able to save yourself and your loved ones and get the proper care needed.

As you can probably tell, I'm a pro-vax person. I will vaccinate myself whenever I am offered one to protect my health, and when the time comes that I have children, I will make sure they have every vaccination. I want my children to live to have their own children and keep repeating the generations.