The Scary Realizations of Being a College Junior

The fall semester has started again and you're back in your normal routine. One thing you don't realize right away is that you're now an upperclassmen in college. At this point in your college education, you've taken a load of courses ranging from subject to subject and can easily point out all of the changes that have happened around your college since you came in as an innocent little freshman 2 years ago. The scariest thing about realizing all of these things is realizing that you are so close to being done. While this is a stress reliever for some people, it's scary for others because this means you are almost a full adult. What's scarier than knowing it's almost time for you to go out into the real world alone?

College is all about preparing you for your future and making sure you know all of the information to be successful in your career. It's now fall semester of your junior year, and you feel as if you don't know a single thing. SCARY. Once you go out and apply this knowledge in your future job, the information will come to you as if it had never even left your brain. So if you're stressing about not knowing enough, I promise you it'll be there when you actually need to use it.

This is the time to be searching for internships that are related to the occupation of your choice and thinking about whether or not you want to end up in graduate school. There are so many options out there that it's stressful to find the right one that's fitting. You're so close to being a full grown adult with a career out in the working world, even though it feels like you should still be at home with your grandma waiting on her to cook and clean for you and care for you like she did when you were younger. You have to start making your own smart decisions to better your life and that's the scariest thing someone ever has to do for themselves.

College really is the best years of your life, but it's flying by so fast. Don't forget to stop and take a look around every once in a while to realize you still have time even though it seems like time is running out. Enjoy your last moments of being in school, and make every moment count.