Upgrade Your Home Ready for Summer

Upgrade Your Home Ready for Summer

Homes need to experience renovations every now and again.

64
Upgrade Your Home Ready for Summer

These go beyond a fresh lick of paint on the walls and new furniture. Fresh paint isn't going to disguise the cracks in the plaster or stop it from crumbling down. Everything in a home suffers from wear and tear and won't last forever, no matter how well made it is.

Start with the Internal Doors

Internal doors are one of the easiest home renovations to make. Chances are the doors hanging in your doorframes were there when you moved in. Internal doors do not need to be changed very often. These inspiring primed internal doors can help get you started. If you are undertaking major renovations like adding an extension, this is the perfect time to upgrade the doors in your home. Internal doors need to match.

If Adding an Extension

Adding an extension can cause a lot of stress while it is being built, but it will soon be worth it. Any home upgrade can result in stress. Mismatched doors will ensure that chaotic feeling never really leaves. Upgrade all the internal doors at the same time as adding the extension. There's no guarantee that the door picked for the extension will match existing internal doors.

Glazing

Perhaps an extension is out of reach for your home. Doors with glazing can completely transform the space. Natural sunlight travels from room to room. Apart from chasing out the shadows, it can make the rooms themselves seem bigger.

While the Doors are on Order

Your new internal doors will take a few days at least to arrive. If they're unfinished, you will need a few more to paint them. Instead of wasting time while waiting for doors, use it to see to the walls, ceilings and floors. If there are new light fixtures, you'll need to paint and maybe even plaster over where the old light fixtures were. If your plaster is old and cracked, it is easier to put in fresh plaster without worrying about damaging new doors.

And Finally...

If the flooring is being replaced, do it before the new doors are installed. Flooring is an awkward thing to change. It requires moving all the furniture out of one room to pull up the old flooring and put down the new. This is an excellent time to upgrade the furniture. If your home is undergoing full renovations, why put old furniture into new rooms? Modern Furniture Shop has a range of furniture to suit any renovations and extensions. Instead of moving old furniture from room to room to put in new flooring, old furniture can be donated or recycled and the flooring can be put in just before the new furniture arrives.

Home renovations can be stressful, but worth it in the long term. Make sure the chaos goes away when the builders do by having matching doors and new furniture. If full renovations aren't possible, new internal doors can transform the atmosphere in your home.