9 Upcoming Races To Run In The DC

9 Upcoming Races To Run In The DC

Support great causes and get some great running in before the weather gets too cold!

24
pexels

Fall is the perfect season for running outside before the cold winter months come along, beckoning us to stay indoors. Here is a list of races coming up in the DC area in the coming weeks before the weather gets too chilly!

Hot Cider Hustle – Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 7 AM in Washington, DC

This is a 5K, 10K or 15K race. The proceeds go towards a nonprofitin the DMV, called Playworks, that works towards bettering the physical and emotional health of children from low income elementary schools in DC.

Glo Run – Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 4 PM in Washington, DC

The proceeds from this 5k race also go to Playworks, and it’s the same day as the Hot Cider Hustle! So you can run two fun races that help a great cause in one day!

Global Strides 5k – Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 8 AM in Arlington, VA

This 5k run is held on the Bluemont Park Trial. It’s proceeds go towards Arlington Academy of Hope which supports schools and health programs in Uganda.

Run for Shelter – Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 8 AM in Alexandria, VA

This 5k and 10k race works towards ending homelessness.

15th Annual Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger – Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM in Washington, DC

This Thanksgiving Day race supports So Others Might Eat and works towards helping the hungry and homeless in Washington, DC. So to kick off your Turkey Day, take part in this event that helps a great cause!

Candy Cane Dash – Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 9 AM in Frederick, MD

This holiday themed 5k is a great way to start of the season before it gets too cold!

March for Marrow – Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 6 AM in Washington, DC

This 5k run is hosted by the Aplastic Anemia and MDS international Foundation. It works towards raising awareness and proceeds for education and research about bone marrow diseases.

The Great Chocolate Race – Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 7:30 AM in Arlington, VA

This 5 mile race is the perfect run for chocolate lovers during the holiday season!

Ugly Sweater 5k and 10k – Saturday, December 17, 2016 in Washington, DC

This race takes place on National Ugly Sweater day and supports the charity Feed My Starving Children. Another great race for a great cause during the holidays!