Whether it's camping or a cottage on the lake, everyone in the mitten seems to have their own unique connection to Up North. Each place is different, but the feelings about Up North are always the same.
1. Up North has a super specific smell. Just looking at these trees, you can practically smell it.
2. Water sports are intense. Some of your best memories come from flying through the air on a tube.
3. You have an ever-growing collection of petoskey stones.
4. Bonfires by the lake were a given every night of your trip (s'mores too).
5. Each family has an ice cream parlor that they insist is the "best ice cream ever."
6. Nothing beats fireworks on the lake on the 4th of July.
7. You have definitely screamed the lyrics to "All Summer Long", by Kid Rock.
8. Nothing is more beautiful than a sunset on Lake Michigan.
9. The first place you learned to fish was up north on the lake.
10. The narrator of the Pure Michigan commercials get's it right every single time. He always reminds you that you live in the best state ever.
More to love about Michigan: