Pets That Are More Typical Than You Thought

5 Unusual Pets That Are More Typical Than You Thought

We all love to cuddle up to mans best friend at the end of a long day!

108
Unsplash

Just try not to squirm too hard near the middle!

1. Hedgehogs

In the past year the number of people in America that own hedgehogs has increased by 47-50%!

2. Monkeys

246,000 households in America own a pet monkey! That number is actually pretty small if you compare it to the entire country, however that is still quite a lot considering only certain states allow it.

3. Snakes

I'm sure we all know somebody with a slithery snake next door! As much as these little guys CREEP every basic soccer mom out, 555,000 people A YEAR purchase a pet snake!

4. Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches

Yeah, I don't ,know what to say about this one as I personally have only met one person in my life who owns one, and they were an entomologist. However as weird as this one may sound around 300,000 people in America have a pet hissing cockroach. Still not a large number in the full perspective but still, 300,000 people..with..a...pet...roach. Now honest these little guys grow up to about two inches and cannot fly. So if your little one has been begging for a pet, you may have found your match.

5. Fennec Fox

Because for some people a normal dog just isn't enough! But to be honest these little guys are literally THE CUTEST! Now, this is probably the one on this list that is the least known to be kept as pets. However, a Fennec Fox can be found for adoption online on multiple websites! Around 2,000 people a year purchase or adopt a Fennec Fox!

After diving into this article and writing it I am just so inspired to go home and enjoy the normality of my cat. But to be honest some of these furry (and scaly and I guess armored?) pets are super unique and cool. And, if you're interested just do your research and make sure you know what you're doing!