Unpopular Opinions About Orange Is The New Black

4 Not So Popular Opinions On Orange Is The New Black

Warning! Lots of spoilers!

103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBITGyJynfA

Orange Is The New Black is a Netflix produced show with currently six seasons and soon to be seven.There are thousands, if not millions, of people who watch the show. With every person that watches the show there are so many more opinions that comes along with them.

CO Blake is the best looking guard throughout the whole show

This one's pretty self-explanatory. CO Blake shows up in season 4, 5 and a bit of 6. He doesn't talk much while he's on the show, but he is shown in a lot of episodes within those seasons.

He isn't as involved with Piscatella as Humps and Stratham were, especially when it came to forcing the inmates to do things.

Flaca and Maritza are one of the best dynamic duos out there

Flaca and Maritza always have each other's backs. They both have good genuine personalities and that's one reason why they bond so good.

Their bond started to show in season 1, but as the seasons and episodes go on, you can tell just how close they are and how much they mean to each other. In season 5, they name their friendship "Flaritza".

When one of the inmates finds Flaca, Maritza won't be far behind, vice versa. When the guards are dividing every one different bus at the end of season 5, they separate Flaca and Maritza which made the audience start to get scared of how 6 (and now 7) was going play out.

Healy had it rough

At a young age, Healy was raised in a household with a father who thought being gay was a "disease". His mother has some sort of mental illiness which was "cured" by shock therapy and other medications.

His mother got tired of the treatments and ran away from home. Years later, after Sam has graduated college, he thinks he's found his mother on the side of the road, homeless and invites her to eat.

Come to find out it isn't his mother, it's just some random homeless lady who took advantage of him. Healy never found "true love" and ends up buying a wife named Katya who is from Russia.

He pays for her to come to the U.S and for them to be legally married. She has no job, doesn't sleep in the same bed as Sam, and then makes her mother come move in with them.

Her mother and Katya would talk bad about Sam in Russian even though he would be standing right next to them. He has no other way to react except by being angry all the time.

He then tells Katya to just move out to another apartment just because he thinks she will be happier that way. Because he still has the "lesbians have a disease" mindset, he makes it apparent to the girls at the prison, which in return makes most of the girls dislike him.

He catches feelings for Red, but then they both come to the realization that they can't be in a relationship. So, long story short, Sam Healy is surrounded by hundreds of women at his job who dislike him because of his beliefs, and when he goes home he is all alone and stuck with the thought that the wife he did have and loved, absolutely despised him and left him because he didn't have as much money as she thought he did and she thought someone else could give her a better life. He feels like no one cares about him and even tried to drown himself in season 4.

Caputo has good morals and good intentions, but was awful at his job

For starters, he never should have allowed Piscatella to have the power he did. Caputo was too scared to voice his opinions to MCC which is a big part as to why so much went down in season 4 and 5. In season 5, he did try to voice his opinion on the news after Poussey's death but wasn't very successful.

He wanted the label as "The Warren" because he wanted to protect people and make sure the inmates were treated right, but when he finally did get the label he wanted, it didn't turn out the way he thought it would and never used his power but instead gave it to others.