7 Unpopular Opinions I Will NOT Be Ashamed Of, And One Of Them Is That Nutella Is Trash

We all have opinions that seem unfavorable, but that doesn't mean we should be sorry

295
Healthy Eating Tips / YouTube

Have you ever felt like some of your opinions are less than favorable? Of course, you have. Because we would not be constantly engaging in endless, petty arguments over Facebook or Twitter if the majority of humans on this Earth shared similar opinions.

As nice as that sounds, we all know this debate-less Utopia is definitely not the direction we are going due to the many ways in which people receive and perceive information.

No matter which opinions you hold — serious or lighthearted — the main point is that they are valid to you, and you should not be shamed for disliking or disagreeing with popular opinions.

My own personal opinions can spark some minor controversy, but I am not ashamed of them. I know what I like and what my personal morals are. Here are just seven of those unpopular opinions.

1. Nutella is trash

Somehow this popular hazelnut-chocolate spread has created passionately devoted fans. I love all things chocolate, and I don’t hate hazelnut, but something about Nutella tastes incredibly artificial. Have you tried washing out a container that once harbored Nutella? Well, chunks of chocolate accumulate in the drain enough to clog it — unless you move it with your hand (gross).

Last I checked, chocolate and sugar easily dissolve in hot water, which makes me highly skeptical that it has any nutritional value or any real ingredients.

I’ll stick to peanut butter, thanks.

2. I am a loyal fan of Taylor Swift

Swift’s reputation has not exactly been that great in recent years — enough so that she titled and themed her newest album around her rep. I am 26 years-old and I will forever jam out to all music by T-Swift.

I value her lyrical and musical talents and the way in which she appreciates her fans. I think she gets too much hate thrown her way for making mistakes and is scrutinized for music that other artists are praised for.

3. “Grey’s Anatomy” is probably the worst excuse for television

Yes, I have seen episodes of the show. Honestly, I do not understand how “Grey’s” has been so popular for so long. I’m a sucker for drama and medical-mystery shows, but the situations that these T.V. doctors get into are so ridiculous that the majority of an episode is just me rolling my eyes. No hospital can possibly have that much drama, and if it did, I would find somewhere else to seek medical attention.

4. Actually, “The Bachelor/Bachelorette” series is the WORST

I forgot that this popular dating show — and obvious excuse to dehumanize women and men looking for “love” — was in existence until social media constantly reminded me that something “dramatic” happened on this season of “The Bachelor.”

Nothing makes me cringe more than a terrible actor dating and picking through a group of potential suitors — who are also terrible actors. This show makes both men and women appear to be airheads with no real substance. This series is degrading and insulting.

5. Kale is so misunderstood

I love Kale. Yes, I really do enjoy eating Kale in its many forms.

Add it to pasta, make a salad out of those crunchy leaves, bake it into crispy chips or throw it in a smoothie.

Darker greens contain so much more nutritional value than lighter leaves, like iceberg lettuce, and the overall hearty texture makes it seem like I am eating more than crunchy water. If you are a hater of kale, that’s totally fine, but most people have shared that they “tried kale once and didn’t like it.”

Upon further conversation, those same people also admit that they tried a piece of raw, dry kale and thought it tasted too earthy.

Dress that leaf up in a salad with some lemon and balsamic vinegar dressing and add in almonds and sliced pears.

Does that sound horrible? If you try it and still hate it, then I appreciate your effort, but give it a chance.

6. Winter is a dismal season and I find nothing good about it

Plenty of people don’t love winter, so maybe this isn’t exactly an unpopular opinion. But, it seems that most of those people are able to tolerate a good portion of the winter months. Other people absolutely love this season, and that just freaks me out.

Winter athletes who love being outside, sliding on flat boards down a large, icy mountain are a perplexing specimen. I tried skiing and snowboarding as a child and it was traumatic. I have tried to enjoy sledding but saw way too many kids break something or walk away bloody and crying.

I even have tried to mentally convince myself that snowfalls look pretty, but the truth is, nothing is pretty about being cold constantly and driving on icy roads.

7. The idea of pregnancy…

Okay, I know this will get a lot of people angry. I promise I mean it in the least offensive way possible.

Personally, thinking about a human person growing inside another human person is alien parasite territory. A literal parasite lives inside a woman’s womb and we just accept this.

I totally understand that there are couples that have a difficult time with fertility and would give anything in the world to become pregnant. I feel for them and would never put down anyone’s excitement over such a pivotal life event.

I’m just saying as a 26-year-old woman, unsure of my own capabilities to sustain a balanced life, the idea of growing a life in my living body is both insane and terrifying. We see horror movies based on pod people, parasites and aliens, so how exactly is carrying a child any different?

I know, strange things to think about, but I guess that’s why these are unpopular opinions and honestly my ideas are what make me feel like an individual.

Having differing opinions can make for interesting conversations—as long as you remain respectful—and being able to bond over similar interests and ideas can make people feel a bit more at ease when admitting that Beyoncé’s music actually isn’t that enjoyable and you don’t worship her as your officially-unofficial “Queen.”