19 Unique Ways To Wear Your Lanyard

19 Unique Ways To Wear Your Lanyard

For when wearing it around your neck is just too practical.
8603

When it comes to college life, lanyards are a necessity. They're even more important than your phone. They hold your keys, your student ID, your debit card--all the must-haves. There is not a single thing more important to have on you at all times. Not one thing.

Because the lanyard is so extremely essential, it needs to be versatile as well. What if you don't have pockets? What if you don't want to wear it around your neck? Luckily for you, I've compiled nineteen different ways to wear your lanyard so that you're never tempted to leave it behind.

1. In your pocket.

This is my preferred method, as it allows for easy access, but it’s not as useful when you’ve realized that your new pants have fake pockets.

2. In your backpack.

This look is useful in the event that your new pants have fake pockets. You have to make sure to have some of it dangling out, though, so you don't have to go fishing around for it.

3. Wrapped around your hand.

This is the best way to wear your lanyard if you need to use your keys/card right away, but it doesn't allow for great dexterity.

4. Around your neck.

This way is exceptionally useful if you want everyone and their mother to know you're a first-year.

5. As a bracelet.

It’s cute, but not super practical because it might come off easily or swing around and hit stuff.

6. Through your belt loop.

Not always practical, but at least it’s not going anywhere.

7. As a belt.

Kind of a different approach to #6, but it really makes the lanyard doubly useful!

8. As a sash.

Relive your Scout days with this one. No one can steal it, and there's no way for you to lose it!

9. Wrapped around your thigh.

This one is similar to #8 in that it won't fall off and can't be removed without your detection.

10. As a ring.

This is one of my FAVE looks. It’s so cute! Everyone will be asking the symbolism if you wear it on certain fingers. You can tell your friends that you’re married to your school.

11. As a purse.

This is a purse idea I can get behind. It holds all your essentials! ID, credit card, and your keys!

12. Tucked into your pocket.

If you’re like my roommate and you like the practicality of #1 but you’re embarrassed of the lanyard hanging out, you can simply tuck it into your pocket for a nice, bulgy finish.

13. As an anklet.

So stylish. Bring anklets back into fashion with this one!

14. As a headband.

Cute, accessible, practical. Extremely fashionable. You’ll leave your friends wondering where you got it.

15. As an earring.

You'll never lose it!

16. On your glasses.

I can’t guarantee that they’ll help you see better; these might be more like fashion lenses.

17. In your shoelaces.

Super unique!

18. Like headphones.

Everyone will want a pair. The sound quality is even better than Beats. (Note: All sales are final, no refunds or returns.)

19. Don't.

Use the Force, alohomora, or telekinesis to open your door.