Top 5 Unique Pets You Might Want to Own

5 Unique Pets You Might Want To Own

Remember to do your research to make sure that they are, you know, legal in your state first.

110
5 Unique Pets You Might Want To Own

.

1. Chinchilla

I can give you the rundown on chinchillas because I have two of them. These little guys are so much fun. They each have their own personality, and are crazy. Most of the time they have to stay in a cage, however, because if they get loose it is really hard to catch them. But as long as you have a good hold of them whenever they are out of the cage, they usually won't try to run away from you. They are pretty low-maintenance pets.

2. Wallaby

A wallaby is literally my dream pet. Imagine playing around at the park or on your college campus with a miniature freaking kangaroo. From what I have heard, they act just like dogs most of the time, but require a little bit more care than dogs and cats.

3. Hedgehog

I also know a little bit about this pet because my cousin brought his down during Christmas. It wouldn't be my ideal pet, since it isn't that cuddly. It might look the part, but the quills are actually pretty prickly. They also can get annoyed pretty easily, but once they warm up to you they can be fun to play with.

4. Sugar Glider

These things are so cool. If you wouldn't have to clean the cages all the time I would try to sneak one on campus with me. They seem to sound a lot like chinchilla care, pretty low maintenance, but they aren't going to just hang out with you like a dog, they'll probably want to run around and glide.

5. Capybara

How cool would it be to have your giant hamster greet your guests at the door when they come over for dinner. The big problem with owning a Capybara is that you would have to have two. Apparently they don't do well alone. Also, you would have to have an outdoor enclosure. If you have the space for it though, they would be a freaking awesome pet.