6 Amazing Songs By Musicians That You Are Probably Missing Out On

Stop listening to the same old boring mainstream musicians, and check out these one of a kind artists.

234

Have you ever realized that all the music on the radio sounds the same? I know every time I turn the radio on, either Ariana Grande or Post Malone is playing, or are they not? All mainstream musicians sound the same nowadays, it seems like no one knows how to be original anymore. Don't you want to explore the world of music and start listening to different kinds of artists, or stop playing those same five songs over and over again? If so, then you're in the right place! Here are six songs by six amazing musicians that are completely original, and deserve to be heard by more people!

1. "Superstar" by Marina

I have been listening to Marina, the queen of indie pop and electro-pop, for the past 5 years, and I can honestly say that she is one of my favorite musicians! Unfortunately, she is mostly known for her two songs "Primadonna Girl" and "How to be a heartbreaker." I say, unfortunately, because those are most definitely not her best songs. Marina recently released her song "Superstar," which might just be her best song yet! She has a voice that is so gentle yet powerful you just can't stop listening to her! Marina has released three studio albums since 2010, "The Family Jewels", "Electra Heart", and "Froot." I highly suggest you go check out every album, each has a different vibe, so I'm sure you can find one that best fits your taste in music. She is set to release two eight-track collections that form a set called "Love + Fear" on April 26th, so be prepared to stream it! To watch more music videos by Marina, and find out more information about her, visit her website. If you end up liking her music, then you can also buy tickets to see her on her upcoming tour from her website. Let's make sure all her shows are sold-out!

2. "Underwater" by HANA

HANA is a singer-songwriter who first started traveling around to colleges to perform when she first started to take singing seriously. How amazing would it be if she put on a show at the University of West Georgia? Um, that would be super amazing! But HANA has moved on from those small performances and has made her way to the bigger stages. She now performs as an opening act for some artists, as a background singer, and occasionally at festivals. I found out who she was in 2015, after seeing her perform her song "Clay" as part of the opening act at a Lana Del Rey concert. Her trademark is her long and flowy purple hair, and her gorgeous mermaid Ariel like voice. She is an ambient, synth pop, and indie pop baddie who is making her dreams come true! She is currently working on an album at the moment, and teasing her 60,000+ Instagram followers with snippets of it. I recommend that you check out her songs "Chimera" and "Red Death Ball" on youtube, even hit that subscribe button while you're at it. To discover more information about HANA, check out her website.

3. "Anna Wintour" by Azealia Banks

Azealia Banks is known for having no filter and picking a fight with just about anyone in the music industry, but is that really a bad thing? I mean, at least she's keeping her name in the media. I'm going to be honest, Azealia banks drama is probably the most entertaining drama there is, plus she always keeps her receipts and pulls them out when needed. But when it comes to Azealia and her music, I've got to say, the woman knows how to make some bops! She is a hip hop, hip house, and dance-pop artist. Her vocals are very strong, and she's got a bold personality to go with them. Her music will make you want to start busting out your dance moves, especially her song "Anna Wintour," which is one of my favorites. Azealia's most known song "212" is another one of my favorites, along with "That Big Big Beat." Oh, did I mention that Azealia makes soap as well? It's kind of random, but wow! We love a multi-talented woman! To find out more about Azealia, her music, and soap, just visit her website.

4. "Without Love" by Alice Glass

I've been listening to Alice Glass, the edgy electronic/electro-punk gothic woman, for the past two years. When I first listened to her I was unsure about whether I liked her or not, but after I explored her music some more, I knew I had to stan! Her music is most definitely not for everyone, but if you're into the whole dark and loud vibe, then she's the one for you. Alice often travels around to different areas to DJ at shows, mainly in California. She may come off as an intimidating or odd person, but in reality, she is as sweet as can be. My top two favorite songs by her are "Blood Oath" and "Stillbirth." Both are very loud songs, as most of her songs are. You can find out more things about Alice on her website. If you look her up and feel like you aren't finding many songs by her, then don't worry! She used to be in a great band called Crystal Castles, so look them up and you can find plenty of more songs by her. If you look up Crystal Castles, just be aware that Alice left the band after a few years, so not all Crystal Castle songs are sung by her.

5. "Ripe" by Banoffee

Banoffee is an Australian born musician who is doing what she loves to do, make music. Duh! She is often traveling around America and Australia to put on some wild, party like shows. Her music is so different and unique, that it is hard to categorize it into a specific genre. I guess the best way to describe her music is that it has chill vibes, but it is also dance music. Banoffee is often showing off all the cool places she gets to visit as she tours around America and Australia, on her Instagram stories. I actually found out who she was through Instagram, and the first song I listened to by her, was "Ripe." I instantly loved the song and decided that I had to check out more of her music! Check out her youtube channel to listen to more great songs by her, and don't forget to hit that subscribe button. I have a feeling that more people will start to hear more about her, and if you start listening to her now, then you will be able to say that you knew who she was before she became very big.

6. "Glass & Patron" by FKA Twigs

I started listening to FKA Twigs after several people on Instagram kept telling me to check out her music. Her music and music videos confused me at first, but after I listened and watched them a couple of times, I really got into them. Twigs is probably the most unique artist out of all the artists I have listed. She does her own thing and makes the kind of music that most people do not think of trying to make. She is a trip-hop, avant pop, and electronic musician who deserves to be way more known than what she is. You can listen to all her songs on her website, but make sure you don't judge them too hard the first time you listen to them. Her music is most likely going to be very different from any other music you have heard before. Give her a chance! Twigs is way too underrated which is unfair because she is much more talented than mainstream musicians like Ariana Grande. All I'm saying is that Twigs knows how to make every single one of her songs sound different, rather than sounding exactly the same.

Hopefully at least one of these musicians caught your attention. Remember that just because a musician is not mainstream, does not mean that they are not talented or good at making music. In my opinion, most mainstream artists sound the same, so that's why I prefer to listen to smaller artists. Plus, listening to smaller artists helps you find better genres of music that aren't so basic. These six musicians deserve to be heard by many more people and deserve to have much bigger fanbases, so listen to at least one song by each artist. Who knows, maybe one of these musicians will end up becoming your favorite singer!