6 Unique Vacation Ideas for Summer

6 Unique Vacation Ideas for Summer

Summer can get boring sometimes, so take that time to have a journey you'll never forget.

193
6 Unique Vacation Ideas for Summer
Gabriella Barcinas

During the summer, I am sure many people will be busy working or preparing for their future with Internships, but what do you do with those days you have off and the boredom starts to set in?

You could just have a generic picnic or go to the pool, but there is a world of unique possibilities out there that could make your summer the most memorable one yet.

Here are six unique ideas for summer:

1. Hold a sloth

There are not many sloths in the US, but in Florida there is a place where you can feed and hold a sloth!

Your sloth experience can include sloth selfies, education on the sloth from an animal keeper, and of course lots of sloth hugs!

This unique experience is not only a fun opportunity, but it also helps a good cause. A part of the funds is donated to the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica to help them preserve sloths in the wild.

You can even have a sleepover with sloths in Oregon!

They also have several other locations in the US where you can feed or hold sloths, so if you look it up there may be one near you.

2. Go hunting for sea glass

If you live close to the beach or you are visiting one over the summer this is a relaxing and free activity that you can enjoy! Not every beach has sea glass but if you get lucky there are some that are plentiful in it, such as Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, CA.

Sea glass is glass that gets thrown into the ocean and rolled along the floor for years until the edges have rounded off.

There are common colors, such as white and brown. Then there are more unique colors like lavender and aqua. You may even find a rare piece of sea glass, such as red, the most valuable color.

After you start to have a bit of a collection you can put it all in a cute mason jar and put it in your home to look at on those days you are missing the beach.

3. Swim with a manatee

Crystal River Florida, as it is the only place where you can legally swim with manatees.

Crystal River is full of springs that are fed by the Florida aquifer, which makes for a warm environment for the manatees, which causes over 1/6 of the manatee population in Florida to go there.

If you do not want to swim with the manatees you can still kayak, stand up paddle board, and walk on the board walk there, all of which allow you to get close to these sea cows.

4. Visit a geyser

This can make for a fun trip as you can make a road trip out of it and possibly even camp, depending on where you go to see one.

The most famous of all the geysers in the US, of course, is Old Faithful which calls Yellowstone National Park home. In fact, you can find a large number of geysers if you visit there, as there are more geysers in Yellowstone than anywhere else in the world.

Visiting geysers can be a great way to get outside and enjoy nature and a good opportunity to take some breathtaking pictures.

5. Soak in a tub filled with water from a hot spring in Mystic

Mystic hot springs is located in Utah and offers a rejuvenating experience in which you can soak in the water from the springs outside and watch the sunset.

The water comes out at 168 degrees Fahrenheit at first and then flows through a channel to fill up the bathtubs.

The water is plentiful with calcium, magnesium, and iron, which makes it amazing to soak in and soothe your muscles

You can also camp there or stay overnight in an RV to enrich your experience and bring you closer to nature.

6. Ride a horse on the beach

This experience can be incredibly relaxing and will include some beautiful scenery. Just imagine riding on the back or a horse while watching the sunset on the ocean's peaks, sounds beautiful doesn’t it?

You can do this in many places, such as Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Bob Straub Park, Oregon.