To The Person That's So Unhappy With Themselves, That They Put Other's Down

You're not making me feel bad about myself, you're making me feel bad for you
363

Dear you,

You may be reading this for no reason, in no way shape or form do you think this article is written for you to read, but it may be. This may be a place for you to skim through a stupid article and think nothing of it, or you may even read this and realize you’re doing something you didn’t think you did, but you put others down.

Or maybe you’re aware that you put other’s down and it feeds your ego, then you’re in the right place. Cut it out. Stop and realize all the frustration you have built up inside of you and ask yourself is this someone else’s problem or my own.

You’re a bully.

Simple as that. You put others down because when you make others feel self-conscious and weak, your self-esteem boosts. You think you’re gaining power but it’s the wrong kind of power. The power you don’t deserve or need. You need to take a step back and question what or who gives you the right to make judgments on other’s lives and to openly express those judgments to others. Or maybe put yourself in the shoes of others, the ones you see as “weak” and think If I was this person would I want to be talked about and treated poorly by someone else?

You’re not gaining anything from it.

You’re power hungry. You’re using your power to make others fear you rather than like you because that’s the “easy way out.” Here’s an idea, try being nice. Just as being mean to others comes effortlessly to you, being nice cost nothing. Even if you are in a position of power, or “the larger man”, no one will respect someone who is mean.

No one can trust someone who is mean or be a friend to someone who is mean. Eventually, no one will be tricked by you, and they will realize they don’t need someone who is mean in their life and they will leave. You will lose more than you will ever gain being mean.

You’re not bringing me down, you’re bringing yourself down

While you have probably walked over a lot of people in your life and it worked, it boosted your ego, I won’t let you bring me down. You probably see me as a challenge and that’s why you’ve been so persistent in bringing me down. But I won’t let it happen.

I see deep down you are much weaker than the weak you could ever make me feel. And I feel bad for you. I feel bad that you feel you have to bring others down to feel better about yourself, and I feel bad you don’t feel happy the way I do. In fact, I see you as jealous of other’s happiness.

You will live a miserable life until you stop.

All the energy you spend putting into negativity has got to be draining. At the end of the day, you feel weights on your shoulders and those are weights you put there. Eventually, you’ll question why others isolate themselves from hanging out with you or sharing information with you.

You’ll even question why so many people don’t like you, maybe you’ll get a guilty conscious and question if what you’ve said crossed the line or hurt someone. And with that maybe you’ll even realize you’ve created all these issues yourself and drama and you don’t know how to stop it. Literally just stop.

Negativity runs in a continuous cycle, there is never any positivity to come from negativity, it will just continue to happen and drag you down while you drag down others. Get yourself out of your own personal bubble and see the good in others, even the ones who have done you wrong, because the chances are if you show any spark of positivity so will they.

There’s still hope for you

So, you, if you have decided to continue reading even with your guilty conscious, I hope you learned a thing or two. I hope you didn’t take this in the wrong way and this didn’t drive you to have more negativity.

I hope you are able to wake up and mature from this stage (at least I hope it’s a stage) that you are in. I hope one day you stop envying other’s happiness and hope you too will experience the happiness that those around you are experiencing.