Unboxing Scribbler Box

What Exactly Is In The 'Scribbler Box'  For Writers?

Story-tellers and writers, I found your new saving grace.

166
https://sterlingcreates.wordpress.com/2018/10/31/unboxing-october-scribbler-box/

I honestly had no idea what this box would be like. I was bombarded with advertisements for 10,000 different boxes on my social media sites after trying my first subscription box. But Scribbler was the only one that really stood out from the others with their unique theme and interactive items included. Curators and fellow writers Victoria Scott and Lindsay Cummings are the minds behind the created one-of-a-kind subscription box that is the perfect treat for aspiring writers.

At Scribbler they pride themselves on stocking their boxes full of valuable, useful tools for writers to help improve their craft, both amateur and experienced alike. Like their collectible Writer Passports, that are designed by a Bestselling author to teach writers how to master various writing topics, for example, character building, plotting, and point of view.

They also have creative writing exercises that are exciting to delve into and an exclusive invitation to chat with a publishing professional, rotating from editors, bestselling authors, publishers, and literary agents on Youtube.

The boxes are priced at $29.99 a month plus $7.99 shipping. You can purchase one or pay for 3-6 months for a discount here!

Needless-to-say, I was beyond thrilled when I received my box and eagerly opened it to discover a plethora of writer goodies stashed inside! All festively Halloween colored to fuel my spooky soul too!

DSC_0133 (2)

DSC_0197 (2)

The first thing you see upon opening the box is a fun writing exercise postcard. Each month provides a new one to challenge writers to practice new techniques! Peep the awesome design with the bats and skulls too!DSC_0206 (2)DSC_0205 (2)

This amazing candle the best kind of unexpected surprise! I've made a point to only light it when I'm working on content because it's so delightfully fragrant. Which has been the perfect treat to entice motivation! Who woulda known coffee, vanilla, and orange was the winning scent combo for olfactory receptors? Novelly Yours Candles certainly did!DSC_0203 (2)

This notebook from Piccadilly is essential for planners! The bright sugar skull that decorates the cover is a whimsical touch for Halloween and Day of the Dead lovers.

DSC_0210 (2)

Story-tellers will be pleased to unveil these quirky pins. The Scribbler team has a way of selecting items to tickle every writer's fancy. These literary pins are no exception.

DSC_0218 (2)

One of the most exciting items that's included in the Scribbler boxes is an invitation to chat with a publishing professional on Youtube! I think this is such a brilliant idea, especially for those who are breaking into the writing scene and have questions they can post in the comments for the speaker to answer.
DSC_0221 (2)

DSC_0226 (2)

Neil Gaiman fans (me included) were heard around the world when they discovered this gem hiding under the Halloween-themed paper confetti. Author of Sandman and American Gods deserves nothing less than an exceptionally well-made pin to make its new home on your favorite jacket or tote!

DSC_0235 (2)

Although this is my first box, I'm so impressed with the quality of all the items! These collectible writing passports are packed with notes, career highlights, bio, and advice on the theme of the month from a featured author. This months theme is plotting with Robert Bryndza, author of the included novel.

DSC_0229 (2)

They also include an inside look at the publishing process with a peak at #1 international bestseller author Robert Brynda's copy edits of his book, The Night Stalker. Showing how he decides what to delete and comments explaining why he chooses to avoid repetition in some cases or visualization techniques. The back of the pamphlet gives a small description of all the items inside your box!

DSC_0232 (2)

Every month Scribbler sends a bestselling novel. There's even a little matching bookmark! The October book this month is The Night Stalker by featured author Robert Bryndza, which is a bone-chilling page turner! It's truly a terrifying addition to the bookshelves of thriller lovers.

DSC_0238 (2)

DSC_0246 (2)

The Scribbler team does an impeccable job picking out items to inspire and challenge aspiring writers and novelists. This subscription box has dealt a powerful punch in terms of first impressions! Due to the number of constructive exercises and writer resources plus the quintessential products in this Scribbler box I give it a 5/5!

I didn't make a section for every single item, but the box also contained a signed bookplate by Robert Bryndza, a temporary tattoo says "YOUR STORY MATTERS", and an exclusive inside look into Saves a Cat! Writes a Novel, a novel-writing guidebook.

So far it's blowing all the subscription boxes out of the water!