Why Umbrellas Are Better Than Rain Jackets

When it rains, it pours.

489
timbersinsider.com

About once a week, I am witness to an argument that occurs which divides friend groups. This one has been particularly hostile when it comes to its effects on the dynamics of groupme's, and that debate is: Which is better? An umbrella or a rain jacket?

Sadly, I am one of the few on team umbrella. I blame this mainly on the fact that I have a super dank umbrella and no one else does. Regardless, lets begin.

Umbrellas are better.

1. It is much more economically feasible to use an umbrella than a rain jacket. A good umbrella usually costs about $10-$15, while a rain jacket costs upwards of $50.

2. It prevents water from ruining your day more effectively. An umbrella can protect your legs and your backpack if you happen to be on the way to class. If you have a rain jacket, it only covers your head and your upper body. In order to keep your legs dry, you also need rain pants, which just costs more money.

3. It is easier to store an umbrella than a rain jacket. If you are on the way to class, you just simply fold the umbrella and put it under your seat/desk. If you have a rain jacket, you either have to keep it on or try to fold it up—and it just spews water everywhere.

Umbrella on.