The Ultimate Pokemon Go Guide: Hacks And Hints

It's you and me I know it's my destiny.

65
twitter.com

If you're like me, you're living out your inner 90s kid and playing Pokemon Go! since its release date it has become the largest mobile game in US history. If you play, it's clear to see why. For me, I'm already a level 14 and absolutely proud of it! It seems however that since the game is so new there are tricks that people are just finding out. I've composed a list of hacks and hints that I've found to be most helpful. Enjoy and happy gaming!

1. If you click on your pokeball when you miss, it will roll back to you

Let's be honest, you've probably come to the point where you're out of pokeballs with no pokestops around and ended up buying some more. Well, hopefully this will help out your wallet! However, you have to be quick since the ball will disappear after throwing it in seconds!

2. Save all your evolves for when you have a lucky egg

Of course you probably have skipped a few pidgeys, weedles, coteries, sparrows and ratattas that have come your way but you should definitely catch them! Keep them because its much easier to evolve them. When the lucky egg is activated you will then be able to level up much quicker because it doubles your XP. A few people have leveled up a whole five levels! Personally, I have only leveled up two but I could absolutely see how someone with multiple evolves can level up so fast! Also, higher level gamers will typically be able to catch more rare pokemon.

3. Go out at night

There are certain pokemon that will only come out at night! I usually go around 8-10 p.m. to find rare nocturnal pokemon with 100 percent success. Some top ones I have caught are gloom, gastly and haunter. I typically go to known places such as Stop & Shop, malls and parks.

4. You can control what your evee will evolve into

I seriously wish I knew this from the beginning because I'm now stuck with four flareons (even though they're the best in my opinion). If you name your evee after its trainer (the three brothers) it will evolve into its trainer's evee. So if you name your evee Sparky it turns into a Jolteon, Rainer it turns into a Vaporeon and Pyro it turns into a Flareon.

5. Don't worry about CP, look at a caught pokemon's powers before you trade it to the professor for candy!

This is so important if you are into pokemon battles at the gym. You can always make your pokemon have stronger combat power but you won't be able to change its powers and may not even catch a pokemon with the same power again! My raticate of all things has a hyper beam power of 70!

6. Get a driver

My boyfriend and I take turns driving around to catch pokemon (nerd love). It honestly is one of the best things ever. We usually end up with 20-40 pokemon each in about one hour of driving around (counting stops for ice cream). On average we will get eight new pokemon for our pokedex. We will usually put on our incense to make sure our trip is at its full potential. Pokemon Go definitely should not be played while driving! We've all been there where pikachu is on the side of the highway and you contemplate coming to a full stop to catch him! I also saw that there are Uber divers specifically for Pokemon Go!

7. Hatch those eggs

I swear I could walk all day just so I can hatch those dang eggs. The anticipation literally eats me alive! Nothing is worse than walking around and getting a freaking pidgey to hatch... But I have had wonderful success with my eggs! So far I've hatched Pikachu and Meowth as my top two. I also just keep the app open in my pocket and walk around doing my daily activities and it registers my km!

8. Catch up on your pokemon facts

Knowing where your pokemon come from will help you catch them. Like I said above certain pokemon only come out at night but also if you go near water for instance, you are more likely to catch aquatic pokemon. If you are in the woodland area there are most likely pidgeys and evees. I have heard that if you go places such as power plants you can catch electric pokemon like pikachu and jolteon.

9. Don't worry about your screen freezing after you catch a pokemon

OMG. Theres nothing worse than catching a new pokemon and the ball freezing. If you're impatient like me you have probably closed the app and re-opened it to see it gone. Well, supposedly if you wait about five minutes the app will register that you caught the pokemon and you will find it in your pokedex! I guess patience really is a virtue.

10. Lure modules are everything

I was barhopping in a busy area yesterday and found out that the bar I was at had three pokestops all with lure modules! So that was triple the lure for the pokemon. I was able to catch multiple pokemon and even some new ones. The best part is that players kept replenishing the lure modules so the pokemon kept coming! If you know of a place with pokestops clustered together I would absolutely take advantage of it. Put lure modules on each stop as well as your incense and maybe even a lucky egg! Thats a total prime set up.

Lastly, heres a chart of pokemon rarity to help you catch em all!

Let out your inner Ash cause you wanna be the very best like no one ever was, to catch them is your real test, to train them is your cause!