10 Ultimate Locations For A Summer Road Trip

From crab legs to waterparks to historic houses, plan your ultimate summer road trip now!
206

The music is blaring, the windows and sunroof are down, the wind is flowing through your hair and your best friends laughter is filling the car. The bliss of what a summer road trip can bring are memories that will last a lifetime.

When your friends and you are away for a few months from now, you can all think back to your ultimate summer road trip, and immediately smile. A good road trip is the company because countless hours in the car can only be tolerated with a certain group of people. Another important thing is the tunes, a jammin' playlist is key. The location of the road trip is also very important because it's where the trip will take place and all the sights and experiences happen, besides the bonding in the car of course. Below is a list of great summer road trip locations!

1. Charleston, South Carolina

This city has everything. It has the historic sites, the food, the hospitality, the sights, and the weather. Checking out America's History Museum in Charleston while sippin' on some sweet tea, or tanning on the beach after kayaking with dolphins is a great way to spend your summer.

2. Savannah, Georgia

A super cute and sweet southern place to explore with friends or family. Browsing through the SCAD art museum then checking out the historic district seems like a blast.

3. Nashville, Tennesse

Another great southern city. Tour the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum with some swangin' gal pals.

4. Boston, Massachusetts

The beautiful city of Boston has something for everyone. The shopping and the big buildings are a show stopper and checking out a Boston Red Sox game is a must.

5. New York City, New York

The city of dreams. This is a perfect girls trip and is sure to spice up your scrapbook with all the amazing sights and experiences. Time Square, Central Park, Little Italy, and Soho are a must see!

6. Montreal, Canada

Experiencing the French Canadian culture and exploring the markets are a perfect way to spend a hot summer day. A bike tour around the city is also a great way to bond with friends!

7. Charlotte, North Carolina

This city seems to have something to do with everyone's interests. Charlotte holds the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Also, check out Carowinds for a great day of adventure and fun for the whole family.

8. Washington, District of Colombia

What a better place to see than the capital of the United States. Explore White House, Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial!

9. Cape Cod, Massachusetts

This is such a cute place to go to with friends. Rent a beach house and take a break from your busy summer. This is also a good place to spice up your Instagram feed with the cute beach shacks and lighthouses.

10. Wells Beach, Maine

Eat a crab leg and relax on the beach, or even go to a waterpark!

Hope this list made you excited for all the adventures that await for this summer. Start planning your ultimate summer road trip now!