The Ultimate Light House Tour In The Lower Peninsula Of Michigan

You're gonna wanna check out #5 for sure!

259
Nikki Czuhajewski

I am one of the lucky people who is able to call the great state of Michigan my home. If you happen to live in the wondrous, mitten shaped place then you know all about the miles and miles of fresh coast. In addition, Michigan offers over a hundred lighthouses to explore. Check out this epic lighthouse tour below:

1. Little Sable Point Light House

Located in Mears, Michigan this light house is hidden between some of the largest sand dune you will ever see! Even better, you can climb to the top of this light house when the grounds are open.

2. South Haven South Pier Light House

Located in South Haven, Michigan along the shore of Lake Michigan. Super easy to access and makes for a fun trip.

3. Big Sable Point Light House

Located in Ludington State Park about a mile down a path the beautiful light house is beyond worth the effort.

4. Mission Point Light House

A bit of a nontraditional lighthouse compared to what most are used to, the Mission Point Light House is a beauty to visit. Located at the tip of the peninsula, take M37 and enjoy the views. You won't be disappointed.

5. Detroit River Walk Light

Located along the Detroit river, in the heart of downtown Detroit, this light house offers a fun destination along the river walk.

6. Point Bestie Light House

Located just a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, this light house is an absolute MUST to visit. The beautiful blues of Lake Michigan surround the light for an awe-inspiring view. If you come at the right time, you might get lucky and even see the Northern Lights.

7. St. Joseph Pier Light House

Located in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, Michigan at Tiscornia Park, this pier walk is unlike most. There are two light structures located along it. This is an ideal adventure spot in the winter months. Photographers can capture the light completely enclosed in ice!

8. Grand Haven State Park

Located in Grand Haven, Michigan, this is a prime destination to watch the sunset or spend a warm summer day. Be sure to pack your sun glasses!

9. Frankfort North Breakwater Light

Located not far from the Point Bestie Light House in Frankfort, MI this is an ideal destination in the late fall/winter months for the surfers. The waves created off of the pier are perfect to catch a wave!

For more stellar photos click here to see them!

10. Tawas Point Light House

Located on the opposite side of the state along the shores of Lake Huron, the mighty Tawas Point Light House stands out well.