Your Ultimate Guide to Binge Watching the O.C.

who doesn't love watching drama

384
HULU

The late 1990's and early 2000's where the time of crazy entertaining shows such as 90210, Gossip Girl, The Hills, and The O.C.The O.C. first premiered in 2003. The show continued to be on air for four seasons. Of course, I was seven years old at the time the show was actually airing so I couldn't watch it but that doesn't mean I can't wait it now on Hulu, right? I binged watched the O.C. for a few weeks and fell in love with each character. I suggest you watch the series too! Here is your complete guide to binge watching The O.C.

Where to Watch It

On Hulu, Amazon, or the CW

Reasons to Watch

The O.C. was created by the same creator (Josh Schwartz) of Gossip Girl so that should be enough of a reason to watch. It has everything people love in Gossip Girl but the setting is on the West Coast. The show revolves around teen drama between the core four: Marissa, Summer, Ryan, and Seth. The show does have a moral message far from teen drama. It is all about family. Whether it is the family you are born into or a family you are married into. Ryan and Seth weren't family until Kirsten and Sandy took full custody of him.

When to Watch It

Watch the series on a day where you have nothing else to do! The episodes are pretty long and are filled with intense drama. I suggest you pace yourself when watching the show.

The Best Season

Season 1 is my favorite season and seems to be the best one out of the four. Every storyline begins and you get hooked to the drama for these teens.

The Worst Season

Season 3 is no doubt the worse season. The characters go through such cruel and dark situations that end one character's life. I will not spoil it for you BUT I will say that the death is devastating

Character You Will Love to Hate

Julie Cooper-Nichol

Marissa's mother it the worst person ever in season one. She is ruthless and stuck up. She believe she has all the money in the world but something happens that makes her have to change her lifestyle. As the series progresses, so does she. In the end, you will love her.

Guest Stars

Look out for Chris Pratt and Olivia Wilde. You may not like their characters.

Couples You Will Ship until the End

Summer and Seth - Their relationship is probably my favorite one out of the cast. They do not become a couple for awhile because Summer denies her feelings for Seth.

Marissa and Ryan - They are the "it" couple of the show. They don't last very long though but you can tell they honestly truly love each other.

Sandy and Kirsten - Their relationship is tested when Kirsten goes through a downward spiral but they are strong together. They don't let it interfere with their love.

Snacks to Eat While Watching

BAGELS! You need to have bagels while watching the show. You'll understand why after a few episodes.

In-Famous Quotes

I can't think of better way to end this guide but with some quotes from the show.

"Welcome to the O.C, bitch." - Luke to Ryan, Season 1, Episode 1

"Dude. You’re a Cohen now. Welcome to a life of insecurity and paralyzing self-doubt" -Seth to Ryan, Season 1, Episode 2

"Chrismukkah is unruinable. It’s got twice the resistance of any normal holiday." - Seth, Season 1, Episode 13

“My life just doesn’t work without you.” - Marissa to Ryan, Season 3, Episode 6