UFC 239: Jones vs Santos

UFC 239: Santos Vs Jones: And Still?

International Fight Week Is Upon Us With UFC 239

15
UFC 239: Santos Vs Jones: And Still?

Every fight fan's favorite time of the year is upon us as this weekend UFC 239 takes place on International Fight Week in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC will return to the T-Mobile Arena as the UFC Light-heavyweight Champion Jon "Bones" Jones will be defending his title against the #2 ranked Light-heavyweight in the division Thiago "Marreta" Santos in the main event. In the co-main event, the greatest female fighter in mix martial arts history Amanda "the Lioness" Nunes returns to defend her UFC Bantamweight Championship against the former champion Holly Holms in a matchup that will be epic. In the welterweight division #5 ranked Ben Askren will have his second fight in the organization as he looks to stay undefeated against the #4 ranked welterweight in the division Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal. Former UFC Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold will make his debut in the light-heavyweight division as he takes on the #6 ranked fighter in the light-heavyweight division Jan Blachowicz. To open up the main card future UFC Hall of Famer Diego Sanchez faces off against submission specialist Michael Chiesa.

Future Hall of Famer Diego Sanchez is looking to add another win to his resume as he wants to get past Michael Chiesa to open up the main card. Diego Sanchez is coming off of a victory over Mickey Gall at UFC 235 as he got the TKO victory in the 2nd round. Michael Chiesa is coming off of an impressive submission victory over UFC Veteran Carlos Condit via one-armed kimura in the 2nd round. This will be a fantastic fight to open up the main card with.

Luke Rockhold has been rumored for quite some time that he would leave the middleweight division and move up to the 205-pound division and that is exactly what the former UFC middleweight champion is doing when he takes on Jan Blachowicz. Both fighters are coming of losses as Luke Rockhold last appearance in the Octagon was at UFC 221 was he was brutally knocked out by Yoel Romero in the 3rd round. Jan Blachowicz's last time in the Octagon was at UFC Fight Night 145 when he took on Thiago Santos but was knocked out in the 3rd round.

The next match up got some heat too it as the tensions will be high when the "Funky" Ben Askren takes on Jorge Masvidal in what could very well be a fight for title contention. These two fighters have continued to trade shots back and forth since its announcement. Jorge Masvidal is coming off of a huge knock out victory over Liverpool's own Darren "The Gorilla" Till at UFC Fight Night 147 when he finished Till in the 2nd round. Ben Askren is coming off of a win also as many would see as a controversial win. Ben faced Robbie Lawler at UFC 235 when the fight was stopped by referee Herb Dean via submission in the 1st round.

In the co-main event, Holly Holm has her eyes on reclaiming the woman's UFC Bantamweight Championship when she takes on UFC Bantamweight and UFC Featherweight Champion Amanda Nunes. Holly Holm is coming off of a unanimous decision victory over Megan Anderson at UFC 225 while Amanda Nunes is coming off of a huge knockout victory over the most feared woman in mix martial arts the former UFC Featherweight Champion Cris Cyborg at UFC 235.

In the main event, Jon Jones will defend his title against Thiago Santos. Jon Jones last defended his title at UFC 235 against Anthony Smith via unanimous decision. Thiago knocked out Jan Blachowicz at UFC Fight Night 145.

Related Articles Around the Web