5 Personality Types That You May Encounter This Holiday Season

The different personalities of those during the holiday season.

152
pixabay.com

During the holiday season there are people who choose to celebrate it differently. Every family has at least one of each type of “holiday personality”. It’s impossible to ignore and sometimes, depending on how strong these personality types can be, it can get pretty annoying. Here are the five holiday personality types:

1. The Jolly St. Nick

You know the type. Their house is decorated the day after Thanksgiving. They are playing Christmas music around the clock no matter what. They always smell like they are baking cookies and are always wearing some god-awful Christmas sweater. These types tend to come on a bit strong.

2. The Grinch/Scrooge

These are the bah-humbug people who can’t stand the holidays. These people always try to bring you down and are always knocking your Christmas spirit. They just flat out hate Christmas and everything that goes along with it. Unfortunately, we can’t make their heart grow three sizes or send them the ghosts of their Christmas past, present, and future. We just have to deal with them.

3. The Eggnog enthusiasts

Here I’m not talking about your average run of the mill eggnog. No, I’m talking about that special eggnog that only the adults are allowed to have. Every family has that one member that always drinks their way through the holiday season. I personally have a ton of these, but sometimes it can make for a good drunken show.

4. The religious

These are the people who go to church every Christmas and always make sure to have a nativity scene. They celebrate the holiday for the religious meaning behind it. They celebrate the birth of Christ. Personally speaking, I’m an atheist, but I find these people more tolerable than the first three as long as they aren’t trying to shove religion down my throat.

5. The “Inbetweeners”

This is where most of us are. We enjoy Christmas, to an extent. We don’t overdo the whole Santa Claus thing, but we don’t get all bah-humbug during the holiday season. We celebrate our traditions everywhere and move on until the next comes around. We enjoy ourselves without being overbearing or downright depressed.

BONUS: The non-Christmas-ers

I didn’t want to leave anyone out. These are the people who don’t celebrate Christmas because they have a different holiday altogether. These are the people who celebrate Hanukah, and Kwanza, and what ever other holiday is out there.