We Can All Relate to Tomorrow X Together's New Music Video "Can't You See Me?" Coming Out of Quarantine

To go along with their new album, Tomorrow X Together (TXT) dropped a music video that's relatable on multiple levels from friendship to isolation.

14
vu anh - Stock photo under Unsplash license

Tomorrow X together is the emerging monster in K-Pop, releasing songs that challenge conventional styles and get creative with the issues they address. The fairly new (debuted March 14, 2019) but already extremely popular group under Big Hit Entertainment released their third album "The Dream Chapter: Eternity" on 5/18/2020 and dropped a music video for the second track "Can't You See Me?". The repeated lyrics "friends don't understand me anymore" is arguably a theme of the song. From a burning house to moments of isolation within a full room, the music video hits hard!

The members of Tomorrow X Together, Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Taehyun and Huening Kai, don't have to pretend to be great friends at the start of the video. It's a much needed hang out day of food and fun. However, we quickly see through different perspectives and moments from the young men the all too familiar feeling of when your friends start to get on your nerves, do things they know you wouldn't like, and not feel like the friends you know. A relaxing day turns to disaster as the irritating moments increase and the depression and feeling of isolation creep in. Pretty soon a food fight with far too many red-based foods makes the house look eerily similar to a bloodbath.

"Best friends pick up right where they left off" is often a myth and many people have changed in a variety of ways from the quarantine. It's likely we all will face the frustration of feeling unseen, like our promises with others were betrayed, and like we are incomprehensible to the people who used to be close to us. However, communication can fix many relationships and for those that you have to let go of, you'll be stronger because of it!