A Turning Point

A Turning Point

A career choice.

96
A Turning Point
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/21/636521268905310760-119060968_police-line-do-not-cross-tape-at-crime-scene-1-2000x1349.jpg

When I was in high school I had my mind set on wanting to become an architect, and there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to do this as a career. That's when I joined a class called SUPA (Syracuse University Project Advance) Forensics. It was a program that my high school offered to catch a glimpse of what college was during my junior year. I decided to opt in this instead of going into the IB program, which most of my graduating class had decided to take. There's no regret coming from me, and I do believe I made the better choice for what suited me better. Hey, if I never took this class I would've never decided that I wanted to change my career path into something in Forensics.

In high school I had two options: go with the crowd and go into the awfully dreadful (as referred to by some of friends who were in the program) IB diploma, or be an outlier and take this program that not many people do. I went with the latter, as said previously. What I found were a good teacher and a close group of friends. The program was something that I took note of and quickly grew fond of the material we were learning about which was mostly about crime scenes and serial killers. The serial killers part were what got me into the whole class. It was just so interesting to know about these people but there was something ultimately missing. I wanted to know why they did this. What made their heads tick? Why the sudden outburst of murder? That's where psychology entered the mix.

I wanted to incorporate the two and luckily I found the perfect place to do so: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, right in the middle of one of my favorite places to go. I saw this opportunity to take the time to make sure I soak up every little detail that I can to make sure I do things correctly but still in a way that's comfortable to me and yet I still haven't found an effective way to study (Oh well, 14 years of school already and still no way). Forensic Psychology are two things that interest me put in one subject. It makes me think about all the different things that can go on in a human head and all the thoughts that go through it as well. I've put myself in a situation where I can receive the best education as well as having a fun time while learning something I'm very interested in.

With my current situation, all I can say is that if I didn't choose to do the SUPA program, I don't think I would be where I am now. I'm happy with everything that I've done and I don't have a single regret when it comes to it. In my opinion, one way to stay happy in life is to love what you do and to do the best you can in it everyday. One turning point of choice led to what I'm doing now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.