10 Podcasts That Will Make You Just As Podcast-Obsessed As I Am

If you see me with headphones in on campus, now you know why.

201

Recently, I have really been into the whole podcast thing. Whether I listen while I work out, walk to class, or do homework, I am finding that podcasts make the time pass a lot faster and make myself much more productive and entertained than music does (still love my country music though don't worry). I'm also learning so much more about the world and gaining so much valuable knowledge that I wouldn't have otherwise. They are also just a great source of entertainment and I am finding myself wanting to be best friends and join in on the conversation with all of them. And on top of that, I want to start a podcast with my mom now because I'm so obsessed (stay tuned and I'll let you know if this actually happens lol). If you want to get into podcasts but have no idea where to start, I've provided a well-rounded list of some of my favorite (or family/friend recommended) podcasts below:

1. "The Morning Toast"

Lauryn Smith

I'm not going to bore you again with another article about why I love the Toast and this family, but I will say how important they have been to launch me into the podcast world. I know that they are the sole reason why I began listening to more podcasts and falling in love with the platform (although I try to stream them on YouTube when I have the time too because I love actually watching their interactions). As much as I love all the other things I listen to, the toast will forever be my number one and will always remind me of my roots. I couldn't be more thankful to be a "toaster" and for them always keeping me "in tune with what's necessary" for all my pop culture news.

2. "Betch Slapped"

Lauryn Smith

Recently I have fully dived into all the "Betches" podcasts, which is a company started by three women Aleen Kuperman, Sami Fishbein, and Jordana Abraham. The premise of Betches is an online platform where young females can experience all the things that they want to say but are too afraid to say out loud. What once started as an innocent blog from three college students has transformed in the last 8 years into a full-blown lifestyle. The Betches have swept Instagram, wrote three books, and now have fully overtaken the podcast world. They have now grown into ten different podcasts, from subjects ranging from politics, relationships, and more.

"Betch Slapped" is the place to go if you want to get to know the creators of Betches more: Aleen, Sami, and Jordana. They are three best friends that have known each other since elementary school, and their chemistry and closeness are apparent immediately. On this podcast, in particular, they mainly discuss what's going on in pop culture as well as their personal lives. They also have a segment where they rank various things, such as Halloween candy, or the Friends cast. And they end every episode where they "betch slap" something or someone that annoyed them that week. I love listening to this podcast to hear the innocent and fun banter between these sisters and get their take on what's happening in the world.

Also, I didn't want to make this whole article about all the "Betches" podcasts, but I also love to listen to "When's Happy Hour?" (career) "U Up?" (relationships) and "Betches Brides" (wedding planning) very often and I LOVE them too so it was hard to not include them all.

3. "Diet Starts Tomorrow"

Lauryn Smith

DST is personally my favorite "Betches" podcast. From advice on eating well, exercising, mental health, and just overall wellness, I feel as though I have learned so many great tips from the podcast. Aleen and Sami are the two hosts of the podcasts, two girls who allow food to consume all their thoughts--a problem I also unfortunately possess. They grew up in a "foodie" home similar to mine, where the biggest arguments were about what we were going to have for dinner that day, so I'm glad I am not alone. A lot of the various problems they address are truly so relatable to the things I have been through and also struggle with on a daily basis, especially on topics related to eating and weight loss, and I love all of the speakers they have from various backgrounds and perspectives on being a healthy and happy human. We've all been guilty of eating pizza to the point until we can't move, or feeling down on ourselves because we hate the way our body looks. DST has taught me to embrace my mistakes and not let one bad day get in the way of my progress or keep me from achieving my goals.

4. "Off Campus"

Lauryn Smith

Last "Betches" podcast I swear, but I promise you it's a good one. "Off-Campus" is my favorite place to go for all things college. The two hosts Taylor and Abby are two of the most real and funniest people I've ever met. They aren't afraid to tell it like it is, sharing all of the craziest stories from their college adventures. From tailgates to sororities to hookups to disaster roommate stories, these girls spill all the dirt you've ever wanted to know about college life...and more.

5. "Share Your Shine"

Lauryn Smith

Hosted by one of my favorite food bloggers Erica Eckman (@everythingerica) and her sister Melissa (@melisfit_), "Share Your Shine" is my go-to podcast for all things career, relationships, and how to find your passion. As two girls who transformed from working in the corporate world to turning their passions into full-fledged careers, these girls really know what they're talking about. They have so many great guests that are also successful entrepreneurs themselves and have such great advice and relatable experiences.

6. "The Snatchelor"

Lauryn Smith

"The Morning Toast" + "The Bachelor" wrapped into one podcast = count me in! "The Snatchelor" is hosted by Margo Oshry aka counselor snitch aka the current PA, which is Claudia and Jackie's little sister. The podcast began as strictly a Bachelor recap podcast. I loved hearing all their opinions on paradise while it was going on and enjoyed hearing them share funny things about the episodes that I hadn't initially thought about or paid attention to. They were on hiatus after paradise ended, but Snitch finally dropped an episode last week with her current roommate and all was right in the world. Not only did they discuss current bachelor drama, but they also talked about all the happenings in Margo's life currently, including her job search and wild partying life as a young girl living in New York City. As sad as I am that snitch will be leaving the toast soon, I am so happy to hear that she has found a great job and I'm looking forward to hearing more about her life and all the Bachelor drama on "The Snatchelor."

7. "Jordan Syatt Mini Podcast"

Lauryn Smith

I was first introduced to health expert Jordan Syatt after he guest-starred on the "Diet Starts Tomorrow" podcast. He spent the time talking about his famous Big Mac Challenges where he ate one Big Mac a day for a month and *spoiler alert* lost 7 pounds, and from there I was hooked. Suddenly, I started going down a huge rabbit hole where I watched his Big Mac documentary (probably one of the coolest things ever), deeply stalked his Instagram, and listened to other podcasts he was featured in on DST. I then discovered he had his own podcast and finally all was right with the world. This man is literally one of the smartest guys I've ever met. He has given me some of the best advice on what it means to have a healthy and sustainable weight loss, how the scale fluctuates, and good tips on what kinds of foods are the best for your body. Sometimes the things he says makes you feel so dumb because of how simple and easy he lays it out to be. On his podcast, he brings on various guests or clients of his and shares their stories and advice. I love his whole outlook on everything and I honestly could not recommend him more.

8. "Pod Save America"

Lauryn Smith

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not the biggest into politics and have never actually listened to Pod Save, but I am just going on what my mom raves about all the time. If you are interested in the news and politics, "Pod Save America" is the best place to go for a lighthearted take on the matters and people you can't stand. While sometimes it may seem like the world is slowly falling apart, host Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer, and Tommy Vietor help reassure you to not give up hope just yet. My parents and grandparents attended their live show this past summer and really enjoyed it so I am sure if this is something up your alley you should give it a listen.

9. "The Shvitz"

Lauryn Smith

Again, not a surprise here, but I'm not the ~sportiest~ gal. However, for another TNN show, I am happy to show my support. If you are interested in hearing a funny take on all things NFL, NBA, and more, "The Shvitz" is the place for you. The podcast is hosted by Ben Soffer (host of the toast Claudia's husband) and two of his good friends who know way too much about sports. If my brother loves the podcast, I'm sure you will too.

10. "Views"

Lauryn Smith

If you're a YouTube lover and Vlog Squad stan like I am, then you have nothing left but to listen to this amazing podcast hosted by the one and only David Dobrik and Jason Nash. What I love about the Vlog Squad is how they are able to make every situation so much fun. Like honestly not fair they make so much freaking money by filming themselves doing the dumbest and most fun stuff ever. They also are pretty dang funny too and I'm glad that I have yet another outlet to be entertained by them. Also, they came to Illinois a few weeks ago so that was pretty cool.

I'm so happy I've entered the wonderful world of podcasting and have no interest in stopping anytime soon. Literally the best source of entertainment, knowledge, and feeling connected to people. I also hope this proves that there is actually a podcast for everyone and about pretty much every topic under the sun. So next time you see me with headphones in, you'll know now that I'm probably listening to one of these podcasts. However, I am always looking for more recommendations. If you have any other podcasts that you think I'd love, feel free to message me!