I've Turned My Academic Self Around In The Past Two Years

Two years ago, I was academically suspended with a GPA of 0.8. Due to a lot of procrastination, mental health issues, and physical health issues, I left my schoolwork in the rearview mirror.

I felt like a failure and I didn't realize the hole I had dug for myself was getting so deep I couldn't climb out of it. For six months, I wasn't allowed to return to school. During that time, I worked full time and began to learn my lesson.

There are some things you can't give up on, and for me it was school. I couldn't let myself go down the same path that would have driven me to academic dismissal (out of school for an academic year).

After finding the right advisor (who is absolutely amazing), I finally got to where I am now. I have brought my GPA up to a 2.4 and I have above 91% in all of my classes this semester. I have had no problem keeping my A-average throughout the entire semester.

I'm looking forward to my last few semesters because I know I can accomplish what I set my mind to.

I'm currently in good academic standing and once my GPA reaches 3.0 I'll feel even more accomplished than I do now. This has all taught me a very important lesson. Do not procrastinate and try your best to succeed your own goals, not just meet them.

This is honestly the proudest I've ever been of myself. This is also one of the first times that I've gone this above and beyond in school. I have always been an overachiever, but it hasn't always worked out for me in the past. Now that I've experienced something like this, I can appreciate my academics more and do what I can to be able to graduate.

If you're having trouble in school and you feel like you don't have options, don't worry. You can always find resources to help you on campus. The Center for Academic Achievement is always there when you need it the most. Make an appointment and allow them to guide you to academic success. If you feel like your advisor isn't helping you the way you'd hoped, try someone new. And if it ever feels like you're mental health is drowning you and your academics start falling behind, make an appointment to speak to one of the CAA's counselors. They're always there to listen to you and help you out through any and all mental health issues you may be facing.

I hope you all know how important you are to your academic success. Don't ever think you can't fix your own mistakes because you feel you're in too deep. You have the ability to change the outcome of your life.