Famous Eats

Famous Eats

Four cooking personalities show you delicious and unique ways to enjoy the most stressful part of your day: figuring out what to eat.

14
Famous Eats
Tucson Chef Reviews

In today's world, recipes can be shared with a click of a button. In an increasingly digital environment, people are starting to turn less to Television for learning how to cook and have now begun browsing the web to find recipes that are inexpensive, easy to make, and most importantly: taste delicious. Television shows such as Emril, and Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals, have now been replaced with shorter tutorials on social media pages and websites such as Tasty, Epicurious, and Pinterest.

However, with the rise of the social media, and the deluge of countless recipes being posted on different websites, people are looking for more dishes that invoke some sort of craving either by aesthetic beauty, palpable taste, or by evoking curiosity to the audience. Below is a list of food and drink personalities that are worth checking out.

1. Rosanna Pansino

Rosanna Pansino is a YouTube star and personality mostly known for her show Nerdy Nummies, which teaches viewers how to cook pastries inspired by franchises such as Angry Birds, Power Rangers, Final Fantasy, and much more. Nerdy Nummies often feature special guests such as Michelle Phan, Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla from Smosh, Hannah Hart, Cassey Ho, iJustine, and even Miss Piggy from the Muppets. Hailing from Seattle, Washington, Rosanna occasionally goes into acting and has starred on MTV's Scream Queens and had a guest role in Parks and Recreation. Popular dishes to check out are the Angry Birds Cupcake, How to make Sea Salt Ice Cream from Kingdom Hearts, and Vodka Potions from Diablo 3.

2. Tipsy Bartender

You have probably seen this guy on YouTube, or through some other site. Tipsy Bartender is a longtime barkeeper and Drink connoisseur hailing from the Bahamas. Also going by his personal name Skyy John, his quirky puns, funny references, and joyful attitude makes teaching you how to make drinks both fun and exciting. He has extensive bartending experience combined with knowledge of mixology with drinks created by himself and submitted by viewers. Some of my favorite drinks from him are the Kinky Sour Patch, Mermaid Water, and Hippee Juice.

3. Binging with Babish

Binging with Babish is a highly underrated cooking show featuring chef Andrew Rea in his attempt to recreate all of the delicious food that you have seen in movies and TV shows. His videos follow a consistent format of showing a clip featuring the dish from a movie and his attempt at how to create it. Some of them taste alright, but what makes Binging with Babish unique is that he continues to build upon the dish so that it can taste better and be more palpable. Some videos to watch are how to make the Big Kahuna Burger from Pulp Fiction, Fish Tacos from I Love You Man, and Prison Sauce from Goodfellas.

4. Love & Lemons

Love & Lemons is a Pinterest page that is run by Austin, Texas native Jeanie Donofrio. The author of The Love & Lemons Cookbook, she posts photos of different dishes and teaches you how to make them on her website. Her husband, Jack, is occasionally featured on her blog, where they cook wonderful dishes together. Some of her dishes to check out are Creamy Vegan Shiitake and Kale Pasta, Mushroom Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese, and Carrot and Tomato Tagliatelle.

Hope by watching these four cooking personalities you would get to learn a thing or two about cooking. Bon appétit!