Trust God With The Plans For Your Life

Even When It Gets Confusing Or Difficult, Trust God's Plan For Your Life

God has good plans for your life, you just need to trust him.

504
https://unsplash.com/photos/J900cHwdS8k

Sometimes it can be hard to let go of control.

But it's even more difficult to realize that you aren't even in control in the first place.

And I know it can sound crazy, but don't worry—that can be a comfort.

Because God's got you.

It says so in Jeremiah 29:11—"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

If you read the Bible or go to church, you've probably heard that verse before. It probably brings you comfort to hear that the Lord has plans for you, plans to prosper you. It brings comfort to me, too.

But have you read the next couple of verses?

Jeremiah 29:12-13 says, "'Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'"

The Lord is still declaring these words. He's speaking to us through this account in the Old Testament. But in context, he was speaking through the prophet Jeremiah to his people in exile in Babylon. He's speaking to them during a time that was not too great for them, a time before a promise he made to them was fulfilled.

God promised to bring them out of exile, out of captivity. But as these words are spoken to them, they are still in the waiting.

So what about the next few verses after the ever-quotable verse 11? They're the Lord reminding his people to call on him, to pray, and to seek him. Because they needed to trust in his word and trust in his timing. And when we spend time with God, he can give us peace in the future that far surpasses the peace that comes from believing the lie that we are in control.

Maybe you're not in exile right now, but you are still in the waiting. Maybe you're waiting to hear back from that school you really want to get into. Maybe you're waiting to get some test results for yourself or someone you love. Maybe you're waiting through a season of grief. Maybe you're waiting through a season of uncertainty.

Whatever it is you're waiting for, you can find peace in the Lord. You can find peace knowing that he has good plans for you and you can call on him and find him.

Because he will listen to you. Because he knows what is best for you.

Now I'm no pastor. I won't pretend to be an expert here. But I do know that if I couldn't place my trust in the Lord, there are a lot of things I would've given up on a long time ago. When that facade of control goes away, it's easy to give up. It's hard to trust in the Lord's plans, even though I know they'll be good. Sometimes it takes me a while to actually let go and give it all to God. But it is so worth it.

You never know just how he will work everything out. But he will.