Dear 17 year old me,
This is 18-year-old you writing this. I know it has only been a year, but so much has changed. Everything is different now, and while it seems hard sometimes, everything is changing for the better. Looking back, here are some things I wish I had realized when I was, in the words of ABBA, "young and sweet, only 17".
1. The few bad races you had during track season senior year? Don't let them get to you so much. It's all just for fun, and at least you are running. Stop getting so worked up over something so small in the long run.
2. The boy you're worried about? Stop worrying about him, or anything he does. You don't need him to be happy.
3. Loosen up! Enjoy your last year of high school just a little bit more.
4. Some people you thought you were friends with, you only were friends with them because you saw them every day. It really shows you who your real friends are, and opens your eyes up. Sometimes people only talked to you because you were there and saw them every day.
5. Never go to bed angry. Try to work out your problems, whether they're with others or just in your head.
6. Treasure every moment. You never know what could happen. Life comes at you so fast, and you never know how quickly some thing could change.
7. It will all work out. Stop panicking that things aren't going as you had planned them. Everything happens for a reason, and it will all eventually work out.
8. The worsts get worse. This sounds awful to say but it's true. The time you thought you hit rock bottom's basement last year was just a preparation. That being said,
9. The bests get better. The best times you had last year, don't even compare to those of this year. It gets so much better.
10. Hold on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride! College definitely will not go as you expected it to, and it will be a whole lot different. Although it will be a lot different than you had anticipated, it will be the time of your life, and you'll meet some of the best people you know.
You would not believe where life has taken you today. It is hard right now, and definitely, nothing expected, but you will push through it. You are strong, and you are resilient. Don't worry about it, there's a plan for you, and this was all a part of the plan. Just enjoy the journey and trust the process.
Your 18-year-old self