Trump Going To Win A Second Term, With Help From The Media

Trump Is On His Way To A Second Term, And He's Getting A Lot Of Help From The Media

Get ready for a lot more crazy headlines.

26

Trump is on his way to a second term, and he can thank the confused media.

On the day of the election on November 6, 2016, the Huffington Post prediction of the presidential election had Hillary Clinton winning. This now unforgettable metric gave Hillary a 98% chance of winning. This sentiment of imminent victory was shared across many news outlets, who felt Donald Trump had no chance at all.

What went wrong? What had all of the mainstream media missed?

Looking back, I remember wondering why the media was ignoring the massive crowds that Trump was holding in comparison to what Hillary rallied. This YouTube video on the difference in crowds at Trump versus Hillary rallies is just one of quite a few examples that showed mainstream stream media simply refused to deal with the facts and force-fed the American public who they wanted to be president. This video came out in August of 2016, a little less than three months before the election was to take place. Again, Hillary had a 98% chance of winning.

The 2016 election was an example to the millennials and Generation Z that they were out of touch with what was really going on in the country. Luckily for us, many online news sources have risen up and become the go-to voices for news for the newer generations.

Unfortunately, mainstream media outlets still have the majority stake in media influence. As a result, they are still able to send their message to the majority of people, even if they are sending the wrong message.

Recently, the months-long Mueller investigation has come to an end. Ultimately, Donald will not be indicted for collusion with the Russians. This story has been going on continuously with new outlets like MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News churning out constant stories coming heavy on both sides. The left-leaning media have been shouting out that it would be over for Trump, while media outlets on the right shout back defenses of Trump just as loud.

Trump is now able to use this victory as a way to discredit the "fake news" media that has been going against him since the begining of his presidency. His base will be rallied up and follow every action that he says. If this cycle of making a big deal out of every little thing Trump does continues blowing things out of proportion, I can easily see Trump winning again in 2020.