3 Important Questions I Have After Hearing That The POTUS And FLOTUS Tested Positive For Covid-19

President Trump and the First Lady both confirmed positive tests for the virus among pandemic chaos.

5
president trump wife melania trump

Since March of 2020, the Covid-19 virus has created a global pandemic, shaking up all parts of the United States. Originating in China, the virus worked its way across the globe. Today, it plays a key part in the presidential election. President Donald Trump has had many controversial statements and interviews regarding the pandemic, but the running theme is that the POTUS claims to have kept everything under control as much as his power allows. Civilians would joke and claim it was only a matter of time before someone in the White House showed symptoms of Covid-19. Yesterday, however, the joke became a reality when President Trump took to social media to announce that he and the first lady, Melania Trump, tested positive for the virus.

This announcement changes numerous things and causes many new questions to arise.

Let's answer some questions:

1. What does Covid-19 mean for the President's health?

According to USA Today, the president was taken to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for "precautionary reasons." His Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, had told reporters earlier in the day that the president was "experiencing mild symptoms but was in good spirits." The president is said to be staying there for a few days.

It is believed that the president is at a higher risk of serious complications from the virus because of his age and weight. Though President Trump is 74, he is reportedly said to not have any serious existing complications prior to the virus. As for the first lady, there were no reports that she is in the hospital with the president.

2. What does this mean for others working in the west wing?

One has to wonder what happened to everyone that is around the president, as the presidential staff consists of thousands of people, not including the individuals he has had meetings with face-to-face. USA Today reported that the White House advisor Hope Hicks tested positive for the virus.

According to the official schedule of the White House, the president was also recently in New Jersey, where he participated in a roundtable event with supporters and a fundraising reception at his golf club in Bedminster.

Once he came back to Washington that evening, he participated in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity.

3. What does this mean for the upcoming election?

Thus far, there is no official reports of anything stating that the presidential election will be effected by President Trump testing positive for Covid-19. There is still a lot unknown about what is to come regarding the remainder of his presidency, but we do know that former Vice President Joe Biden did get negative test results after getting emergency testing following the discovery of President Trump's positive results.

Biden gave a statement wishing President Trump well and stated that he is in his prayers.

Regardless of political opinion, it is important to remember that the pandemic is still very much current. Significant individuals from both parties have come forward to wish the president well. I believe the public should do the same, as nobody deserves to have sickness wished upon them.