True Life: I'm a One Direction Fan

True Life: I'm a One Direction Fan

Judge away, But I'm a huge fan of One Direction and I don't care who knows it

18
True Life: I'm a One Direction Fan
Google

“One Band, One Dream, One Direction”

Go ahead, make fun of me all you want, but I will be the first to admit that I am a huge fan of the band One Direction. Not only did they give me amazing music to listen too, but they gave me some of my best memories and some of my closest friends. They also taught me to believe in yourself, be true to who you are; and more recently, how to be strong and have courage at a time where your heart is breaking.

I have to say I was a little late to the game when it came to liking One Direction. But from the first minute I listened to them I was hooked. I don’t know if it was the lyrics to their great songs, or the way their voices blended together and sounded while singing the songs; but I knew I had found the band I would be loving for a long while. As I learned more about them, I learned that there was a lot more to these four guys then just good looks and great voices.

Harry, Liam, Niall, and Louis have taught me a lot over the time I’ve been a fan of theirs. Though I have never met them or had a conversation with them, I’ve gotten to watch how they interact with each others as bandmates and friends. I’ve gotten to see them in concert, being goofy and having fun; just enjoying the time that they were around each other. You can tell that they all genuinely care about each other and would do anything for each other. That is the kind of friend I hope that I am, and that I try to be everyday. And thanks to them I was able to connect with some amazing people, both online and in person.

People always tell me that I am too old to like a boy band, but all I can do is ask them “why”? Why am I too old to like a group of boys who are talented, put out great music and also teach me to never stop believing in myself and my dreams. To me, they are much more than a boy band, they are my idols. Sure they aren’t perfect, but they have never claimed to me. They have their flaws, just like everyone else, but they aren’t ashamed of them. I think more people need to take on that mentality. We are all humans, and at the end of the day when we accept that things are much easier. I can’t wait for them to come back with a new CD, but no matter what I will always call myself a fan of One Direction and I am so thankful for the friendships and endless memories I have thanks to them.

"We have a choice..To Live or To Exist."- Harry Styles