Troye Sivan's Top 10 Collaborations That You Must Hear

His new single with Regard and Tate McRae, "You," has given Troye Sivan another track to add to his growing list of collaborations!

1165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhxhNIQBKJI

Troye Sivan has proven a lot of things in his career so far. He can write great songs, he can connect to fans around the world, and he can collaborate with other artists. Developing the chemistry for a duet isn't an easy task. Sometimes artists' egos can get in the way and prevent a potential banger.

Sivan, however, has proved time and time again his ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of artists. A brand new single, "You," with Regard and Tate McRae just dropped today. From Ariana Grande to Lauv to Mark Ronson, here are Troye Sivan's 10 best collaborations!

10. "You" (Regard, Troye Sivan, and Tate McRae)

Sivan's new single is nothing short of a bop. The only problem is his singing partner, Tate McRae. McRae's cursive singing unfortunately ruins what is a very good song. Her indie girl voice even monopolizes the bridge, which Sivan should've sang on. This would've been much better if Sivan sang it solo.

9. "Papercut" (Zedd featuring Troye Sivan)

Sivan sang on Zedd's "True Colors" album in 2015, before his own debut, "Blue Neighborhood," was released. Sivan's voice works beautifully with Zedd's dreamy and energetic instrumentals.

8. "Easy (Remix)" (Troye Sivan and Kacey Musgraves featuring Mark Ronson)

While the original didn't need remixing, Sivan still offered a new version of his 2020 single, "Easy." This time, he got Kacey Musgraves and Mark Ronson to expand on the eighties synth sound of the original. The only downside is the song's video, where the mullet and pickup truck doesn't exactly radiate the sensibilities we want from Sivan.

7. "Love Me Wrong" (Allie X and Troye Sivan)

This haunting ballad about familial love gone wrong was originally written by Allie X for Sivan. She hinted that the song was written for "Boy Erased," the 2018 drama about a young man sent to a conversion therapy camp, which Sivan had a role in. They ended up recording the song as a duet and it appeared on Allie X's album "Cape God" instead.

6. "Wild" (Troye Sivan featuring Alessia Cara)

This collaboration is great, if only for the song's video. It offers a much more lighthearted look at the song than when it originally appeared in the "Blue Neighborhood" trilogy. While Alessia Cara doesn't exactly add much to this song, her presence isn't unwelcome.

5. "Heaven" (Troye Sivan featuring Betty Who)

This song discusses religion's role in suppressing and oppressing LGBTQ individuals. The message is empowering, though, with the resolve, "If I'm losing a piece of me/Maybe I don't want Heaven." Betty Who's voice works perfectly with the song and enhances the atmosphere. The fact that Who is openly bisexual makes her a worthy duet partner on this track.

4. "There For You" (Martin Garrix and Troye Sivan)

This song became a dance hit in 2017 and blew up everywhere. Sivan's vocals across Garrix's infectious beats is pure magic. The song's lyrics speak to the reality that love is a two-way street. It makes that point clear and demands the partner's equal effort. A very empowering message.

3. "i'm so tired..." (Lauv and Troye Sivan)

Lauv and Sivan's voices go so well together and this song is evidence of that. A lonely, sad breakup song set to a good beat is the song's foundation. But their brilliant vocals are the icing and cherry on top. A live, acoustic version of this song, titled, "Stripped - Live in LA," is worth checking out too.

2. "1999" (Charli XCX and Troye Sivan)

Leave it to two people born at the end of the decade to create an anthem for nineties kids. When Charli XCX and Sivan dropped their duet, "1999," it made us all want to go back to that year and then some. The video, which brilliantly parodied classic nineties videos, filled us with nostalgia as well.

1. "Dance To This" (Troye Sivan featuring Ariana Grande)

When Troye Sivan recruited Ariana Grande to be his duet partner on "Dance To This," pop fans were extremely excited. The track shows Grande's versatility, as her and Sivan's singing styles are completely different. The two have undeniable chemistry, however, and the video was the perfect way to top it all off. The track, which serves as a single off Sivan's sophomore album, "Bloom," should've been a much bigger hit.