How Not to Treat A Fitting Room Person

How Not to Treat A Fitting Room Person

Don't do these things at the fitting room...

87
How Not to Treat  A Fitting Room Person
Alexander Korzh

One of the areas I work in from time to time is the fitting room, and here are some of the thing you should not do at them:

● Don’t yell at the phone operator if another person in the department we transfer you to doesn’t pick up. We don’t control them not picking up. We don’t have any control over the schedule. They are most likely in another department since managers run then around like crazy.

● Don’t give me flack over the item limit. I don’t make the rules, and we have to enforce it for security reasons.

● We don’t have a directory of every item our store carries, and since we are the fitting room we don’t know what every department carries. Let us transfer you.

● Don’t ask for directions to our store since it’s called google, and the internet is your best friend.

● Wait patiently for a manager since they are busy running other departments. They will get to you just not right away.

● If they don’t pick up right away hanging up then calling back isn’t going to help at all. Neither is being rude and accusing us of hanging up on you. We need to put you on hold. Don’t lie and say you got disconnected either since we know the truth. You got impatient and hung up.

● Don’t leave your clothes crumpled in the dressing room. Place it in the cart instead because it’s nice to do for the person after you, and I hate cleaning up after adults…

● Clean up after yourself. Never use the fitting room as a bathroom, and please don’t think it’s a good place to have sex in…

● Don’t leave bras on the floor, and put them on their pegs instead of leaving them for people to step on.

● Don’t be rude to the operator period since they are humans who need a job. Nothing wrong with that since people need to make money.

● Don’t ask me what I think of your outfit since I really don’t care.

● If we are helping you locate an item, be patient, and don’t hang up because when we are shorthanded we have to walk to the area which takes time. Don’t accuse us of hanging up since we aren’t near the phone.

● Okay, you don’t want an item leave it in the basket or on the place they have for it.

● Don’t get mad at us because you want to check out at the fitting room when it doesn’t have a register.

● Don’t get mad at us when the item you are price checking is different then you saw it on the shelf. We don’t control the prices…

● Never try on undies especially the ones in the plastic packages.

● Never try on bathing suits without undies.

● No, I’m not checking your underwear so you can see the size. You put it on this morning you should know…

● If you leave clothes and plan to buy them tell us, and don’t get mad if we take them and you didn’t tell us you plan on buying them.

● Please, don’t count out items to me like you think I’m stupid. I’m not a child despite looking like one. Don’t be rude to me like that.

These are just some of the things I have issues with while working there, and don't do them at the fitting room. he fitting room also answers the phone too so just remember everyone is human. Also getting an attitude doesn't help since people do that daily to people behind the counter. Just be nice and clean up after yourself.